Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Getting to know you
 Seashore
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
11/14/2009 1:41:53 PM reply with quote send message to Seashore Object to Post   

Someone mentioned how dead this forum is these days. I check the UK section most days but more or less never post - there's not usually anything that grabs me enough to wish to respond! So I thought this might be a nice thread to bring some activity back happy :) Plus I'm intrigued to know how many people are here these days that show in RL? We used to have quite a group at one time.

Who are you (just first names or online aliases), where are you from (rough geographic area (north, midlands..etc) or county, no more specific than that), what pets you have, tell us about your dogs, do you show? Agility? etc.

So, kicking off happy :)

I'm Silver, I live in Somerset with a rather ancient rabbit (almost 10) and my dogs - Vale, a 10yr old Lab, Solei a 5yr old Phalene, Elton a 6 month old Phalene (Solei's son) and a varying array of Papillons and Phalenes that belong to friends and I have temporarily, usually for training. At the moment they are Darwin who is a 14 month old Papillon and Eeny and Sammy, 4 month old brother and sister - though Eeny is a Pap and Sammy a Phalene! All being well I'll be bringing home dog #4 (of my own) at the end of this year.

Solei was shown with some success - he has his Stud Book Number - until his teeth started to come loose and he's now missing some so I won't put him in the ring any longer, except maybe Crufts. I'm intending to show him again in 2011 when he can go into Veteran! I also do obedience with him - we haven't ventured past companion shows yet, but I think next year we'll try a couple of Pre-Beginner classes at open shows! We also do agility but at the moment it's very on and off which is a shame...we're intending to compete, eventually! Hopefully before he's too old laugh :D

Vale is ex-guide dog stock and was retired because of a leg injury, so was never allowed to do agility and I never pursued obedience with her. I do a few companion shows with her in the summer (mainly veteran and waggiest tail classes!) which she loves.

Elton will be shown (he's just 6 months today, first show next weekend happy :)) and in time will probably do both obedience and agility. His first "big" (champ) show will be LKA which'll be fun - there are 190 Paps entered and going by previous years there'll probably be about 20 in Minor Puppy Dog!

Darwin is "just" shown, although I've done obedience with him at home - and I think he'd make a super agility dog - I just don't have the time or money to take it on with him as well at the moment! He's had a super summer at open shows, with multiple BPIBs, puppy group placements (and one PG1), a couple of BOBs and a Group 4 happy :)

Eeny I'm hoping to show next year, Sammy has a twisted ear which I don't think is going to come right...

My (hopefully) new pup will also be a show/agility/obedience dog happy :)

Your turn laugh :D
 bryerwood kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
11/14/2009 3:54:34 PM reply with quote send message to bryerwood kennel Object to Post

Hi, I'm Holly, I live in surrey with a 6 year old tabby x abbysinian (sp) called leo and 6 goldfish.happy :) I used to own GSD x BC called Jake but we had to give him to battersea dogs home so he now lives in sommerset with his new owners.happy :) I also look after my neighbour's purebred West Highland White Terrier called Jasper but he isn't a showdog or anythinglaugh :D
 sheltie.bud
Basic User

Basic User
11/19/2009 2:31:17 AM reply with quote send message to sheltie.bud Object to Post

HI Bella here

I dont show any more but used to show shetland sheepdogs my own and other peoples. I only had a small kennel Two Blue Merles Cailie and Erica, a sable Gemma and a tri-colour Danny. I had a bit of success in the agility with them as well. I also showed German Spiz for a friend of mine when she couldnt get to shows herself.

I had sucess with lop eared Rabbits and Rossette Guinea Pigs round the local shows as well.

I also up to two years ago had a pony called Opal who did rather well at local shows.

I now share my home with Cleo an retired champion birman cat whos off spring are doing well in shows.

I live in the midlands, but my heart belongs to the New Forest where i lived as a child

I love playing on here and SC and aonther pony sim game, as i cannot own a lot of animals in real life any more so this is the next best deal.

Only been on SD for a couple of weeks so look forward to meetin you all

Bella
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
11/21/2009 6:13:03 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Im Joanne or u can call me PPvallhunds, from Wales but origanly from near London.

I only have fish at the moment, i use to have a lionhead rabbit and angouti giunes pig but they are gone now, im on a wating list for a Swedish Vallhund puppy, he should be with me around febuary 2011. I would like to show him and maby do a bit of agerilty for fun, i love training so ill be teaching him lots of things. Im starting to handle my friends dog in shows (first open show on dec 27th wish me luck)
 ShonastarStarlight
Basic User

Basic User
11/21/2009 6:55:01 AM reply with quote send message to ShonastarStarlight Object to Post

Hi,

I'm Shona. Originally from the north-west and now living in North Yorkshire.

I have an almost 12 years old cross breed that we think has some dobie in her. She came from rescue at 2 years old, a male terrier mix aged nearly 7 that was also from rescue at a few weeks old and a moggie who is 13 next February.

I've never shown dogs in real life and have always wanted to own a Boxer but never have done because of work etc so I do the next best thing and show and breed them on SD!

Nice to meet you all happy :)

Shona.
 Forever diamond kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/11/2009 4:59:08 PM reply with quote send message to Forever diamond kennels Object to Post

Hi my name is lisa and i live in bristol with my kids,

i have 3 dogs 2 staffs and 1 whippet x,

also breed and show mini lop rabbits not shown for a while but willhopefully attend more shows this year.
 ShonastarStarlight
Basic User

Basic User
12/12/2009 6:34:50 AM reply with quote send message to ShonastarStarlight Object to Post

Hi Lisa, nice to meet you happy :)

Shona.
 pastaman returns
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2010 11:53:31 AM reply with quote send message to pastaman returns Object to Post

Hello im ryan im from a small village in scotland. No pets unfortunately because my mother doesnt allow me to have them says i need to wait untill im 18 and have moved out but my father breeds dogs and at one point had over 40 standard poodles.
 Tibetan Terrier Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2010 12:30:45 PM reply with quote send message to Tibetan Terrier Kennels Object to Post

Hi, I'm Emma I live in Northern Ireland in Fermanagh, I have piles of dogs so i won't go through them, my dad breeds dogs and gives them away then after for £50 and under, we aren't any of them illegal breeders we aren't abusive towards them and take them on daily walks or just play with them in one of our big fields because we live on a farm, they also enjoy watching the cows and sheep but would never harm them, when we first get them bred and whenever they reach 8 weeks we get them vacinated for worms, parvo etc. then we train then the basics like sit, lie and sometimes paw.

We have the big dogs that we keep which are like golden retrievers, labradors, dobermen, rottweillers, saint bernards, cocker spaniels, springer spaniels,akitas and most recently we have been breeding dalmations.
My favourite dogs would be Sukie(American Akita) Archie(My own pup, golden retriever) and Daisy(Golden Lab) Daisy knows sit,lie and roll over while Sukie knows fetch and sit and then Archie only knows Paw and sit.

We have a big family so we all can take care of them, Like I look after the American Akitas, my sister Edel(Rachel on here) the Japenese Akitas, My other sister 2 sisters look after the Saint Bernards and Rottweilers while my younger sister looks after the two spaniels as we only have 3 of them.
I have 2 brothers but one of them is at college so can't look after them so the other one looks after the rottweillers, my dad then looks after the goldens and dalmations and then my dad hired someone to look after the labs and dobes.

We have also some stray cats that we look after 9 and counting as they keep breeding and when we neuter them then more cats come along and they breed etc. we have them advertised on the newspaper and 3 have been re-homed.
We also have two d-warf rabbits that are pets and live in my bed room.

My sister Edel(Abolish) that is on here she likes horses so we got two horses which we ride together.

So thats partly my life happy :)

PS.some of you maybe wondering why I am called Emma and not Anna on real life but the truth is my sister is called Anna and when I came on I didn't want to be given out any information on the internet so i disguised myslef as Anna laugh :D but now that I know I can trust everyone on here I'd be confident to be telling people about myself.

-Grace
 dogloverxx
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2010 1:09:07 PM reply with quote send message to dogloverxx Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message

-----
Last edited by dogloverxx on 9/19/2015 12:20:03 PM
 Ebphillips
Basic User

Basic User
2/3/2010 11:21:50 AM reply with quote send message to Ebphillips Object to Post

Heya,
Emma currently have no pets but I look after a Jack Russell called Aubrey who is not only the most fun I could ever have he's my best friend. I live in London currently but we have a holiday home in Dorest and we hang around the New Forest area Shelite.Bud razz :p most of the time...

I hope to own a bunch of breeds when I get outta college razz :p lol...

Emma <3 xx
 Crispy Leaf Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/19/2010 8:44:16 AM reply with quote send message to Crispy Leaf Kennels Object to Post

Hi I'm Beth, I'm 19 years old from (originally Edinburgh).
I moved to Newcastle when I was young but met my boyfriend on a friends birthday trip aged 14, I always wanted to move back up to Scotland and I'm planning to make my dream a reality.
I'm training to work in animal pyscology.
Matthew has 4 dogs atm; Floid, Piper anndd Snoopy (the other dogs name has slipped from my memory, poor thing). They're all english springers apart from Snoopy whos a cocker. I have 2 dogs including a greyhound x happy :).

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.