Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Anyone on here compete in APDT Rally-O?
 TCrown
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/17/2009 3:43:57 PM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post   

Would love to chat if you do. Trying to train my "mutt" in APDT and would like to know others who are as well. Everything around here (in rl) is AKC Rally-O.

Thanks.
 KeevaKeeva
Basic User

Basic User
11/22/2009 8:56:08 PM reply with quote send message to KeevaKeeva Object to Post

Check out the AKC web site. They now have mixed breed events. I believe you have to "register" your dog for a number with AKC and they have mexed breed shows along with stand alone agility, obedience and rally shows.

I have never seen an APDT show. Everything here is AKC or UKC.

I think UKC admits mixed breeds.

Take a look at AKC. Rally is so much fun
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
11/22/2009 10:26:25 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Got to make sure you have any stand alone AKC rally shows first tho. Around here, there might be one obed/rally, the rest are in combo with conformation so mixes can't enter. Lots of stand alone agility trials tho!
 Black Hill Bullies
Basic User

Basic User
11/23/2009 8:57:08 AM reply with quote send message to Black Hill Bullies Object to Post

I do. Very great group of people. The courses themselves are a bit harder, more technical. They do however let you treat/pet/reward after stationary exercises, which gives my "I work for food" Rottie a boost of confidence in the ring!
Also, the judges input is invaluable!
I have done AKC, UKC and APDT, it is by far my favorite.
 showdog!!
Basic User

Basic User
4/6/2010 9:16:26 PM reply with quote send message to showdog!! Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I'm in excellent level with Rally! It's a lot of fun, and you can have mix breeds in AKC now for it. But, you need to register for either AKC, CKC, UKC, and there are a couple others but it matters what your competing in.
 Country_Charm
Basic User

Basic User
4/6/2010 10:30:48 PM reply with quote send message to Country_Charm Object to Post

posted by Wildsyde
Got to make sure you have any stand alone AKC rally shows first tho. Around here, there might be one obed/rally, the rest are in combo with conformation so mixes can't enter. Lots of stand alone agility trials tho!
Couldn't find anything on not being able to if their were conformation events?

From the AKC website:
Dogs enrolled into the AKC Canine Partners program may participate in sanctioned AKC Agility, Obedience and AKC Rally® trials. Mixed-breeds will compete in the same classes as purebreds at events where entries for mixed-breeds are accepted.
Any AKC club hosting an all-breed AKC Agility, Obedience or AKC Rally® Trial has the option to accept entries for mixed-breeds.

They could say no mixed breeds at the show and I'd imagine it'd be the the shows doing conformation that would be more likely to not want the mixed breeds than the Agility or Obedience clubs but as far as I can see it's up to the host club and not based on what they offer.

The Washington State Obedience Training Club hosted a trial this pack week which was one of the first since this started. It was great to see the mixed breeds out there and several beat the competition!

Becca
 jennie_c_d
Basic User

Basic User
5/23/2010 8:50:05 AM reply with quote send message to jennie_c_d Object to Post

They've changed it, since the idea was proposed. Mixed breeds are now allowed to enter at events that are paired with conformation. I was at a show, last weekend, and there were mixed breeds there. It's FUN to see them doing so well!

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.