Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : I want a dog but my brother doesn't so I can't have one!
 Zippyray
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/7/2009 2:06:48 PM reply with quote send message to Zippyray Object to Post   

I really want a dog but my brother says they're stupid and that he doesn't want one so my parents said that when he leaves to go to college then I can maybe have! I really hope I can have one. Although I have 2 cats I'm really both a cat and dog person so I'm not really being disloyal to my cats I just want a dog!
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
12/8/2009 6:18:21 AM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

Thats a shame.

Your parents may be using it as an excuse not to get one, when i was young i wanted a dog and i was told we couldnt as my brother was asmatic, but when he moved out i still wasnt allowed one sad :( , then when we moved i didnt want to go and i was told if i moved with them (as my brother offered me a room) i could have a dog, i moved with them and still no dog. sad :(

If i was you i would sit down with them and discuss why you want a dog and what they feel about it, that way everyone will know where they stand.

Good Luck
 Tibetan Terrier Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2009 8:01:44 AM reply with quote send message to Tibetan Terrier Kennels Object to Post

i got a dog for doing the 11+ a couple of years ago, but of course i had to beg, i was told i wasn't allowed one because i wasn't responsible enough and couldn't train him or house train him etc. After some thought though they decided that they'd get me one but not tell me as it was coming towards my b-day and the 11+, so on the 23rd of November two days after i did the eleven plus they asked me if i wanted to go to the shop and i said yes but we headed for Dublin then they said we were going to the zoo but then we stopped at someones house and walked in and they had an adorable little golden labrador puppy at 8 weeks old, they were giving it away for £430 as its father had entered crufts one year and came like 1st or 2nd or whatever so had a really good pedigree and looked even cuter then the andrex puppy, it was a long ride back but they gave us three packets of pegigree dog food, piles of dog toys, two beds one for outside and one inside and two bowls with lots of treats so we were ready for the ride back home again just incase she got bored or hungry or thirsty because they gave us a bottle of water.
She slept the whole way home though and lay on her back with her feet up for 4 hrs then once we got home she did her buisness in the house and i had to clean it up.
I soon named her though, her previous owners called her Yalta but i didn't really fall for it so i was thinking like Honey, Daisy, Lily, Molly etc. i soon picked the name Daisy though and she learnt it as well as Sit, lie, and paw in 3 weeks and then she learnt roll over so shes a good learner she also is a good at agility so she takes after her father.

Sorry i just like to brag but i hope you get your dog happy :)
 bryerwood kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/20/2009 11:33:12 AM reply with quote send message to bryerwood kennel Object to Post

btw, the OP hasn't signed in since the 7th which is when they created the post.
 Tibetan Terrier Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/20/2009 12:54:13 PM reply with quote send message to Tibetan Terrier Kennels Object to Post

yeah i realised that after i posted
 Butterflyroad
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2010 11:22:05 AM reply with quote send message to Butterflyroad Object to Post

Hmm I do agree that your parents could be using this as an excuse. If this is the case then maybe you can convince your brother that ther eis more to a dog then thier brains. Dogs are loyal, kind, caring, loving, funny and often theraputic animals. I have a greyhound wich aren't that well known for their intellengance but thier sweet, soft natures.

Or you could persuade your mum and dad to get the most intellegant dog breed... The border collie. They aint dumb. Thats if thats the real reason why your parents wont let you have one.

Also if they think you wont be responsible enough. Know this I was 2 when we got our first dog and that infact helped me to be responsible and learn how to care for a dog and how to behave around them. Maybe you could prove that your responsible enough by walking other peoplees dog or volunteering at your local animal sheltor.

Some one said the couldn't have a dog because their brother was asmatic. Sorry I forget what your user name. My mum is asmatic and we had 2 dogs. One of wich we had for 16 years and it has had no effect on her what so ever. Also you can get hypoallergenci dogs such as poodles and labrodoodles.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
Since its centenary year in 1991, Crufts has officially been recognised as the world's largest and most prestigious dog show by the Guinness Book of Records, with a total of 22,973 dogs being exhibited that year.