Search

.com Forum · UK Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Dog Laws on Hunting?
 Crispy Leaf Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/17/2010 12:37:11 PM reply with quote send message to Crispy Leaf Kennels Object to Post   

I was just wondering what the laws were on dogs and 'hunting' (as in dogs chasing animals, not foxes but rabbits and things). We live in the countryside so I'm pretty unsure on what the laws are. Thanks!
Beth
x
 Wildsyde
Basic User

Basic User
6/17/2010 8:56:48 PM reply with quote send message to Wildsyde Object to Post

Regulations varies by location, so you have to find out for your specific state and maybe even county or city.
 Butterflyroad
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2010 11:06:21 AM reply with quote send message to Butterflyroad Object to Post

If depends on were you live. Maybe you could ask a memeber of your council? I don't really know mcuh about hunting laws my self.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
7/21/2010 1:05:19 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

The Hunting Act 2004 outlawed hunting with dogs with some exceptions in England and Wales. The pursuit of foxes with hounds was banned in Scotland two years earlier under legislation of the devolved Scottish Parliament, while it remains legal in Northern Ireland.

The act states
"A person commits an offence if he hunts a wild mammal with a dog, unless his hunting is exempt"
dogs can be used on rats and rabbits only if they own the land or have the lad owners permissing to hunt them there. Stalking and flushing out with dogs can be done but has a lot of restrictions eg no more than 2 dogs, on own land or have land owners permission and more.
hare coursing and fox hunting is a no no with dogs.

here is the act for u to read, it lests the exceptions and the ceita that mest be met.
www.opsi.gov.uk/acts/acts2004/ukpga_20040037_en_1#pt1-l1g1

and a info page about it.
www.huntingact.org/site/pp.aspx?c=pmLYKfN3LxH&b=4393219

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.