Search

.com Forum · Working Breeds

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : 3 Great Dane litters! COLORS!!!
 AmazingDixie
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/24/2010 8:31:50 PM reply with quote send message to AmazingDixie Object to Post   

I have 3 litters that are going to be available soon! Mostly harlequins and lethal white harlequins. 2 litters are harl to harl breeding. The 3rd is a harl to black litter. Going to be VERY nice dogs! Only $100! Low COI! High SOP!
 Jolly Roger Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
11/24/2010 8:36:10 PM reply with quote send message to Jolly Roger Kennel Object to Post

Question. In real life, lethal white in horses is just that, lethal.
Obviously I dont worry much if digital dogs die, I was just curious how that came into play in the game and if "lethal white" was still a lethal color in dogs?

JR
 e t e r n i t y
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2010 11:08:50 AM reply with quote send message to e t e r n i t y Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Jolly, colors don't have any effect on the game right now, it's just added fun. Lethal white Danes have the same lifespan as standardized colors.

Exerpt from Great Dane Color.com

Harlequin to harlequin breeding comes with a double negative. You can produce double merle puppies ( puppies that carry 2 copies of the merle gene) and enutero you can have double harl puppies ( puppies that carry 2 copies of the harl gene) these puppies will never be born because the harlequin gene in a double form is a lethal gene, causing the puppies to die enutero . Some great dane breeders also breed harlequins to merles, but again, you are increasing the chances for double merle puppies.
"Double merle" is mostly or all white.

e

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.