Author Topic : Consider Komondorok
 Akos
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/11/2010 5:15:16 PM reply with quote send message to Akos Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Looking for a fun new breed?

Consider the Komondor:

Komondorok are currently ranked at the very bottom, number 186 out of 188, and yet we have a fairly high SOP with the best being 99.1, and anyone that has put the time into showing the dogs has been able to do well in groups with them. There is no handler rush, no backstabbing, it's a very competitive breed without the head aches.

We only have the one color, so no distractions there. Just really need some more people interested to give this great breed a boost and help open up the gene pool a little!

I've never worked with a breed with this high of an SOP and I'm enjoying the intricacies of fine tuning very similar numbers, instead of the drama of a wide variation.

If you're really interested in the breed, let me know and I will try to find you a bitch or two to work with getting started. All dogs I've seen so far sell for $100, some stud fees are $100 but there are some that are $50 and $25, too. Litters aren't gargantuan and money sucking, either, so it's a very affordable breed to be involved in.

It definitely deserves more participation than it's getting!!!

Please join us. happy :)

~Akos/HaikuKeep
 HaikuKeep
Basic User

Basic User
12/14/2010 7:34:48 PM reply with quote send message to HaikuKeep Object to Post

Look at all the nice puppies for sale right now! Most have group winning potential, any would be a FANTASTIC start to the breed!

www.showdog.com/users/Sales/breedlisting.aspx?breed=Komondor

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class