Search

.com Forum · Hound Breeds

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Question about Dachshunds
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/9/2011 10:41:47 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post   

I'm new and I recently had a litter of Dachshund puppies. The dad is wheaton and the mom is red. I got three wheatons and one red. But to my question: I also got one cream. Is cream a rare color?
 Golden Paws Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2011 10:47:38 AM reply with quote send message to Golden  Paws Kennels Object to Post

Here look at this page:

www.showdog.com/breeds/dog_breed_info.aspx?breed=Dachshund

On the right it lists all of the different colors you could get. Yes, cream is more rare than others, but there are also really rare colors...
 Kirschen Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2011 10:50:11 AM reply with quote send message to Kirschen Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2011 1:28:55 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Thanks! Those colors are SUPER cool. I may start doing just dachshunds.
 Golden Paws Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/9/2011 1:35:39 PM reply with quote send message to Golden  Paws Kennels Object to Post

Hey, no problem! And yeah, that would be cool!

happy :)GPK
 Tru_Dachsie
Basic User

Basic User
8/11/2011 10:29:40 PM reply with quote send message to Tru_Dachsie Object to Post

Cream isn't as rare as a Isabella/Cream. I've had plenty of luck getting Creams. Good luck with the Dachshunds! If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.

Tru_Dachsie

Willowstar Dachshunds
 moowoog315
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2011 7:22:19 AM reply with quote send message to moowoog315 Object to Post

Creams can come in many types of litters including the one that you got. They are not that rare of a colour, but they sell for a lot o' money!

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing