Search

.com Forum · Greater Swiss Mountain Dog

Replies in this thread : 0

Author Topic : Not a good experience.
 Citta dei Castelli
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/19/2012 6:47:49 PM reply with quote send message to Citta dei Castelli Object to Post   

I subscribed this account as a rare breed account to help out the GSMD. Within a week or so I got foundies to start the kennel. A couple months in and I still don't have a lot of stock because it's pretty hard to get started.

The best studs are far, far beyond any price range I can imagine using a stud for. The others are sort of low 1-2 points down on the SOP. Though SOP is not everything, a high SOP is that way because of better traits, usually. I asked the kennel(s) why they have their studs up at $500-$1000 and I got no answer.

I asked another kennel if I could use of their studs and I got no answer. I asked again and no answer. I looked in my outbox and my message was deleted. I didn't do anything to deserve this. If their studs are private, that's fine to me, but at least reply...

I will be dropping this account and putting up my dogs for sale. I really don't want to quit but unless you've been in the breed for a long time, it seems super hard to get started. So if you're reading this and you have, PLEASE be more welcoming to others who join the breed. I've been playing SD for over 4 years and this sort of angers/saddens me because there are tons of rare breeds like this and if this is how players treat others then there's no point in playing SD.

I'm not saying everyone is like this but that's been my general experience.

Replies in this thread : 0

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.