Search

.com Forum · Pug

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Who Checks This? Plus more!!!!!!
 pugsrgr898
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/6/2012 10:32:21 PM reply with quote send message to pugsrgr898 Object to Post   

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I'm going to start off with an introduction.

My name is Emma and I just got added to Emma (a different one) at Black Veil Bride's family account. Thanks to her again!!!! I am going to help out pugs in this kennel, promote them and try to breed some good quality dogs. My first goal, of course, is to get my first champion. I am going to get some nice bitches soon to breed to the top studs and I'll go from there. Any help from all you players who've been with pugs and on SD in general a lot longer than me would be appreciated. I'm also going to try to wake up this forum so anyone can post questions, brags or comments here and be welcomed by many friendly responses.

So anyways, in order to promote the breed, there are a few things I need to know about pugs. These are things that many people want to know when looking for a breed.

Breed: Pug
Top SOP:
Lowest Finishable SOP:
Most important traits:
# on Breedlist:
Number of users currently showing:
Number of users currently breeding:
How long it takes to fully session:
Broods available?:

So if I could have some help filling that in, that would be awesome. laugh :D Does anyone like the idea of having like a monthly post where we can put brags, suggestions, questions and other stuff on??? It might help to wake up the forum.
Oh and is there a breed website?

Hope this isn't too long! Thanks,
Emma
 Royal Kay- Star Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
4/9/2012 3:19:44 PM reply with quote send message to Royal Kay- Star Kennel Object to Post

Hi, i have a pug litter due on the 14/4/12,

The parnets are champions.

If you want to reserve a puppy,

Please contact me by PM,

All puppys will be $100-$150

Royal kay star kennel

Holly
 pugsrgr898
Basic User

Basic User
5/13/2012 6:26:22 PM reply with quote send message to pugsrgr898 Object to Post

I'm going to give this a friendly bump as no one has seemed to see this. laugh :D Trying to wake this forum up may be a challenge happy :)
As for what's been going on in my kennel: I haven't been doing much breeding but I'm showing two dogs right now and I have 2 breeding girls. I really love pugs and I'm excited to promote the breed.
Emma
 bsgk5
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/26/2012 8:31:55 AM reply with quote send message to bsgk5 Object to Post

Hi Emma,
I don't visit the forums very often, so feel free to email if you need a timely answer. Pugs used to be one of the top 10 breeds, but it has waned over the years. When the last large Pug breeder left SD, I bought as many dogs as I could and split them between two of my family accounts.

Bsgk4 deals with black Pugs, and the SOP is slightly higher since the color is dominant. It seems all new pug breeders are wanting to "help" in the strongest area.

Bsgk5 deals with fawn Pugs, and the SOP is generally lower since that color is recessive and almost died out. I had to go back and raid some really old dogs that I had sold to basics, pay $300 each to get them back and then hope that they lived long enough to produce a litter. I spent a LOT of money trying to save the fawns. Thankfully, we have managed to save them and get the breeding program back on track.

The problem with Pugs is that there is going to be a lot of inbreeding. There aren't many large Pug kennels left, and what dogs we have all came from the same lines. However, the more breeders we have helping out, the better. I am thankful that you and a few others are trying to help revive the breed.
Mary
 mbarreto
Basic User

Basic User
8/26/2012 4:18:29 PM reply with quote send message to mbarreto Object to Post

Add one more to the trying to help out the pug breed. I will be working on fawns but all my starter dogs were garbage. Didn't help that my son messed it all up. happy :)
 bsgk5
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/27/2012 6:20:46 AM reply with quote send message to bsgk5 Object to Post

Welcome aboard! Don't feel bad, as everyone's starter dogs are crap! I have a litter due soon, and will post the extra pups usually some time on their first day.
bsgk5/Mary

P.S. - In order to revive the fawns, who were almost extinct, I separated them into two kennels. The black ones are in my bsgk4 account, and the fawns in bsgk5.
 mbarreto
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2012 2:11:26 PM reply with quote send message to mbarreto Object to Post

I have decided to make this kennel a bulldog kennel and I may open an all pug kennel also. But you are saying to keep the black pugs out of the breeding with the fawns?
 Golan Pugs
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2012 5:08:48 PM reply with quote send message to Golan Pugs Object to Post

This is going to be my pug kennel. I need an 80 or better fawn female. Can you hook me up with one to compliment my fawn male?
 bsgk5
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/30/2012 5:52:48 AM reply with quote send message to bsgk5 Object to Post

Mbarreto, no you do not have to separate the colors at all. I just did so because at one point there were hardly any fawns left at all. So, I had one kennel with high SOPS that I kept showing, and one kennel with lower SOPs that I bred using some source dogs. The fawn SOPs are now almost caught up. My only problem now is finding studs that don't come from my own line.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.