.com Forum · Lowchen

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Brindles and the stuff up
 Idals
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/25/2008 8:00:39 PM reply with quote send message to Idals Object to Post   

Hey guys, been a while.

Well I went and had a look at my dogs - all Black & Cream Partis or Lemon Partis which is fine by me however I found this dog back in my pedigrees:
www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?name=Idals%20B9%20Stalking%20Boys
A Chocolate & Brindled Cream

and this one the same
www.showdog.com/users/dog_info.aspx?name=Idals%2068%20Point%20Strength

Only I can't find the direct Brindle line down, you simply CAN NOT get a Chocolate & Brindled Cream out of 2 Black & Creams! Brindle is dominant not recessive, one parent MUST have it.
Brindle can lurk under Lemon, that is normal BUT as soon as you hit Black & Cream parents to your Lemon stock, you KNOW there shouldn't be any Brindle there....

What do we do?
 Idals
Basic User

Basic User
11/25/2008 8:06:23 PM reply with quote send message to Idals Object to Post

I discovered where this is my fault sad :(

I wrote

Chocolate & Brindled Cream (Has "aa", "bb", "E", "kk", "rr" & "SS"wink ;)
aabbEEkkRRSS
aabbEEkkRrSS
aabbEekkRRSS
aabbEekkrrSS
See how the top bar has "rr" when all the breakdowns below have Rr or RR? BUggER!!!!!!!!!!! I should have triple checked this!

I don't want us to lose our colours... what else to do??
 ~Mauvais~
Basic User

Basic User
11/26/2008 10:33:15 AM reply with quote send message to ~Mauvais~ Object to Post

Losing colours would really suck at this point... but do we want to have it correct? It's a tough choice. I was shocked by the amount of lemon partis... lol
 Idals
Basic User

Basic User
11/27/2008 2:21:05 AM reply with quote send message to Idals Object to Post

It's only wrong for the Chocolate Brindles, so would only need to change have the wording changed so that Brindle is removed....

It makes sense that there are so many Lemon Parti's - both are recessive and if you breed 2 together that's all you'll get...

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
At least two wins must be a set of three or more points ("majors"), under two different judges; at least one additional win under a third judge is also required.