Search

.com Forum · Bedlington Terrier

Replies in this thread : 1

Author Topic : Ouch!
 Capriccio
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/31/2008 9:27:42 PM reply with quote send message to Capriccio Object to Post   

The new point schedule for dogs is higher than it is for border collies!

I'm pretty new to the Bedlies--is this much stacking normal for the breed? I had no idea they were this popular...
 LAMZ-Bedlies
Basic User

Basic User
9/2/2008 4:23:25 PM reply with quote send message to LAMZ-Bedlies Object to Post

It seems that stacking has become the norm for the breed. It's pretty sad. Correct me if I'm worng, but I've been in the breed on SD.com longer than any other current breeder, so I've seen what's gone on over the years and it has gotten to the point where I rarely bother showing anymore. It's not worth it. It seems like most of the time the dogs beat 2048230928423 dogs in one day...yet they were all owned by one person (or from sub-kennels that they own) and theirs were the only fully sessioned/with top handlers so there really was no competition.

Is it supposed to be impressive when the top dogs never compete aginst eachother and they're all "top" because they beat tons of their owners dogs each day? I'll be the first to admit that I've stacked shows before, but at the rate it's going right now it's unhealthy for the breed. I know it's perfectly allowed, but is it right? What is the gain of entering every dog in your kennel so that you have the #1 dog without ever beating another one of the top ranked bedlies (except a few rare times a month). I have dogs I've considered showing recently, but I'm not going to. I don't need to spend all of that money on the game in shows when I could use it for breeding and improving my line. Most (all?) of the current lines go back to my dogs, so I feel that the breeding aspect of the game is more important than the showing any day.

I'll let you all fight it out for the #1 spot wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 1

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.