Search

.com Forum · English Foxhound

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Colors
 Cloud Nine Goldens
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/3/2008 12:29:21 PM reply with quote send message to Cloud Nine Goldens Object to Post   

Black White & Tan S 034
Lemon & White S 115

A Locus
atat - Tan Points

B locus
B - Black

E Locus
E - Normal
e - Blocks black pigmentation

S Locus
sp - White markings

Black White and Tan
atatBBEEspsp
atatBBEespsp

Lemon and White
atatBBeespsp

If you agree with those two colors, then just come up with starter dog allocation percentages, or divide them equally 50/50 among starter dogs.
 Zeros
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2008 5:36:37 PM reply with quote send message to Zeros Object to Post

Is there an all white hound as well?
 Cloud Nine Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2008 9:42:26 PM reply with quote send message to Cloud Nine Goldens Object to Post

Most websites I have checked do not list white as a color. However, when I check the AKC's registry list of colors, it does say white is an alternate color. I am assuming it must happen very rarely though. Jeff said to avoid the really rare colors. However, if you really want it included let me know.
 Zeros
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2008 4:05:14 PM reply with quote send message to Zeros Object to Post

I think it would be cool to have just as a "collector's dog" if you will...but if it is going to cost you a lot of extra work then don't worry about ithappy :)
 Cloud Nine Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2008 10:29:22 PM reply with quote send message to Cloud Nine Goldens Object to Post

Well the only issue with adding an extremely rare color, is that you can't control how rare it really is. Even if you start it with a 1% percentage for the starter dogs, it could end up that 1% was one of your most popular studs. They could then pass on that white gene to many offspring. So what you wanted to be a very rare color would not be. Now, I am not saying this would happen. I am just saying, if you don't really want it in your kennel, I wouldn't add it to the code. You won't be able to control whether or not it actually ends up in your kennel. Another breed for example, set one of their rarer colors at 12%. They then ended up with mostly that color in their kennel. So I will wait to hear input from maybe a couple other kennels, before I go add white if that is ok. It wouldn't be a huge problem to add white, I just don't want anyone to get disappointed if they end up with white in their kennel when they didn't want it, since it isn't a common color.
 Zeros
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2008 7:13:58 PM reply with quote send message to Zeros Object to Post

No problemo! Thanks for helping us outhappy :)

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.