Search

.com Forum · Bedlington Terrier

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : New SOP?
 LAMZ-Bedlies
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/1/2004 9:22:46 AM reply with quote send message to LAMZ-Bedlies Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

user wiped their message
 ExcaliburDDT
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2004 12:03:50 AM reply with quote send message to ExcaliburDDT Object to Post

I like that. laugh :D

I dont know Bedlies that well, but it all makes sense. Lets get this SOP fixed up happy :)

Excalibur Bedlington Terrier's & Dandie Dinmont Terrier's
 om shanti
Basic User

Basic User
9/4/2004 11:49:43 AM reply with quote send message to om shanti Object to Post

I like it, except if the FQ is that unique and that big a part of judging then I'd make it a little higher and take a bit off the NTB...other than that it looks great! happy :)
 LAMZ-spinones
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2004 12:34:02 PM reply with quote send message to LAMZ-spinones Object to Post

Ok, how about:

Head-20
Forequarter-8
Hindquarter-3
Gait-7
NT&B-12
Coat-15
Size-5
Feet-5
General-15
 GOFAR
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2004 4:03:01 PM reply with quote send message to GOFAR Object to Post

The new revision looks good, but I'm a little concerned with the low HQ. In real life you need a balanced moving dog, front to rear. I added the numbers up and compared the totals to the old sop and they don't add up the same. The old is 101 and the new is 90, aren't they suppose to total the same.
 LAMZ-Bedlies
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2004 10:20:59 PM reply with quote send message to LAMZ-Bedlies Object to Post

Head-20
Forequarter-8
Hindquarter-5
Gait-10
NT&B-13
Coat-15
Size-10
Feet-6
General-15

ok that adds up to 101. Do you guys agree? hind quarter shouldn't be the same as FQ because bedlies have such a unique FQ and not a unique HQ.
 GOFAR
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2004 10:37:27 PM reply with quote send message to GOFAR Object to Post

I'm okay with it now. But don't you think it would be a good idea to e-mail all the breeders and get their okay as well.
 LAMZ-Bedlies
Basic User

Basic User
9/5/2004 11:38:09 PM reply with quote send message to LAMZ-Bedlies Object to Post

yup I won't do anything until all breeders(except DK) in the top 10 approve it.
 om shanti
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2004 12:43:47 PM reply with quote send message to om shanti Object to Post

looks good to me
 Snapdragon
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2004 5:39:08 PM reply with quote send message to Snapdragon Object to Post

Sounds good to me, but it should actually add up to 100 so we need to lose a point somewhere happy :). Believe me, I've started SOP changes in Bichons and Pulik, so I have experience, lol. Dunno how much my opinion should count, since I still can't get a decent pup to settle *beats head against wall*.

Laura
BriarRoseKennels2
 ExcaliburDDT
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2004 5:39:56 PM reply with quote send message to ExcaliburDDT Object to Post

Looks good.
 curlykids
Basic User

Basic User
9/6/2004 8:22:27 PM reply with quote send message to curlykids Object to Post

Although I have only 2 bedlies in my kennel, hopefully my first litter in this account will turn out good enough to start increasing stats. I have had bedlies though for several months in my basic account, Guigui, and I think I was one of the consistent basics. Therefore, as I admire the dedication that Gaby, of Lamz has put into this, I agree and trust whatever she has to say.
 BPOO
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2008 7:35:48 PM reply with quote send message to BPOO Object to Post

posted by LAMZ-Bedlies
Head-20
Forequarter-8
Hindquarter-5
Gait-10
NT&B-13
Coat-15
Size-10
Feet-6
General-15

ok that adds up to 101. Do you guys agree? hind quarter shouldn't be the same as FQ because bedlies have such a unique FQ and not a unique HQ.

a bit late but isn't the total 102?

just happened by
 LAMZ-Bedlies
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2008 8:07:05 PM reply with quote send message to LAMZ-Bedlies Object to Post

Math was never my strong point, so it easily could be 102 (I don't have a calculator around to check), but seeing as that was over 3.5 years ago, I don't think there will be anymore change.
 NORFOLKNGOOD
Basic User

Basic User
6/9/2008 6:23:22 AM reply with quote send message to NORFOLKNGOOD Object to Post

Changes look ok with the exception of feet...here in Britain there is a problem with cracked pads...Any judge who knows his stuff will always pick up feet for a look.Perhaps this should be taken into account.Also here bedlies were originally bred as the poachers dog so had to be able to run...ratting was secondry..movement & gait are very important.....

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.