.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Drop Down vs Links for Kennel Runs
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

System.__ComObject Forum Moderator
7/3/2013 7:30:32 AM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post   

If you have a lot of kennel runs, they'll trash up that side of the navigation pretty quickly.

If you haven't seen it, we have a setting to change that to a drop down menu instead of links...

www.showdog.com/users/settings.aspx

Should the drop down be default?
 Summerwind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2013 10:06:31 AM reply with quote send message to Summerwind Kennels Object to Post

I love this drop down, since I rarely use those links, I love that they are in a drop down now!

I would vote yes for this being the default setting.
 Degree
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2013 10:32:15 AM reply with quote send message to Degree Object to Post

I like it too, looks less crowded there.

And Id only say no to having it as default since it's pretty inconspicuous that way and might be confusing to new users. But it doesn't affect me either way.
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
7/3/2013 3:10:04 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

I sort of like the links. A small suggestion though- could they be arranged in the same order as the appear in our kennel?

I arrange my runs in the order I use them most often- a specials run at the top, then showing, then bitches, and then studs. With litters all the way at the bottom of course.nIt would be helpful to have the links in the same order. i'm sure other people arrange their kennel runs in specific orders that make sense to them as well.

At the very least, putting litter runs at the bottom makes more sense to me. Right now mine, in alphabetical, take a large chunk of the middle of my list, and i really rarely work with pups in litter boxes.
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2013 9:09:30 AM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

Love the drop down! I renamed my kennel runs, so that the most used ones begin with *
This way they show up first on the drop down menu. Wheeeee! So much tidier!

Blunotes
 Boxerluvr33
Basic User

Basic User
7/4/2013 2:32:28 PM reply with quote send message to Boxerluvr33 Object to Post

Love the drop down!

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.