Search

.com Forum · New Layout Discussion

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : How Long?
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/7/2013 12:49:42 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

How long will the old.showdog.com link work for? Ive seen some things go away(username, stud dogs, etc links now send me to the new layout) but-- for the most part I'm being stubborn and hanging out on the old layout.... just curious how much longer I can avoid change razz :p
 Soundtrack
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2013 1:30:31 PM reply with quote send message to Soundtrack Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I've also noticed many links sending me to the new layout. Is it not possible to keep the old one available for the old farts like us that have played the game for so long?
 rowanw
Basic User

Basic User
7/7/2013 1:50:40 PM reply with quote send message to rowanw Object to Post

I've been playing on the new layout for quite some time and in all honesty, it's not a bad transition. Some pages are rearranged a little, some pages have some new/additional information.

I think if you gave it a week to learn where things are you'd be surprised at how easy the new layout is to use.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
7/7/2013 5:40:37 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

I don't have any immediate plans to take it down and I'm doing a quick search/replace for the remaining 301 redirects that are sending you to new.showdog.com instead.
 admin
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Administrator Forum Moderator
7/7/2013 6:56:53 PM reply with quote send message to admin Object to Post

The old layout should have all of the redirects to this layout fixed now.

Let me know if happens to you again.
 Soundtrack
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2013 12:01:11 AM reply with quote send message to Soundtrack Object to Post

Thanks Jeff!
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
7/8/2013 6:38:17 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

Thank you so much Jeff!

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.