Search

.com Forum · Canadian Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Getting a Canadian Championship
 Larkah
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/2/2005 7:22:54 PM reply with quote send message to Larkah Object to Post   

Hi all, hope everyone is doing well and had happy holidays!

I was wondering if you guys could give me some information on earning a Canadian championship (for real dogs of course). I live in Oregon and show in AKC (Belgian Tervurens) and am planning on taking a bitch to Canada this summer. I'd just like to know the differences between AKC shows and Canadian shows, and what I need to do before entering etc etc. Websites would be great too!

Thanks!

Julie
 Sito Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2005 3:07:20 PM reply with quote send message to Sito Kennels Object to Post

Well all you have too do in Canada is get 10 pts under three judges at least. you must get at least a 2pt win to finish. So you can go 1pt 1pt 1pt 1pt 2pt 1pt 1pt 1pt 1pt or any other order or you can simply win like 5pt 3pt and 2pt or whatever! If you want more details just ask in your post.

Coutney
oh and also what you can win is Best of Breed Best of Oppistite Best of Winner Best Puppy in Breed Winners Male Winners Female 1st in Class 2 in Class 3rd 4th and Reserve Winners Male and Female and the Puppy group 1 adult group 1 2 3 4 and Best in Show and Best Puppy in Show!
 Watch
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2005 4:44:55 PM reply with quote send message to Watch Object to Post

In the summer in BC there are circuits you can go on, mainly outdoor shows and either on Vancouver Island or up country. Smaller, but very nice.

In September they move back into the Lowermainland and into buildings, mainly shows are held in Cloverdale, Abbotsford and Chilliwack (just across the border for all 3)

You will need to get an ERN # (so you can show, but can't breed with it).
You can download a form from the CKC website.
We may be showing our bouvier puppy this summer, may run into you somewhere.

Watch
 Infatuation
Basic User

Basic User
1/3/2005 4:54:24 PM reply with quote send message to Infatuation Object to Post

Go to the CKC website and all the info is on there.

www.ckc.ca

Good luck and have fun, our shows are great.
 Larkah
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2005 1:11:46 AM reply with quote send message to Larkah Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Thanks much for all the info.

Watch-you mentioned that I will need to get an ERN # (so you can show, but can't breed with it). Can I get her championship with just an ERN # or do I need to do something else? Thanks for replying happy :)

Also...there are no majors in Canada, correct?

And is there a point schedule as far as how many points a dog/bitch gets according to how many they have competed against? (As in AKC with Tervurens it takes 5 bitches for a 3 point major and 7 dogs for a 3 point major etc etc.)Maybe it's on the website and I've bypassed it.

I'm going to talk to my breeder about all this very soon, since she knows much more than me about going to Canada to show. I just wanted to get a general idea of it all before I talked to her. The CKC website is very helpful. Thanks guys!

Julie
 Watch2
Basic User

Basic User
1/4/2005 1:22:21 AM reply with quote send message to Watch2 Object to Post

ERN stands for Event Registration Number - means you can show without full CKC registration. All you do is print off the form from the website, make a copy of your dogs AKC registration papers and send up with the money. I don't believe it takes long to get.

You do need a 2 point win - our major - to get your Can CH.

Watch
 KLADCkrs
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2005 5:24:36 PM reply with quote send message to KLADCkrs Object to Post

Also, there are no point schedules that vary per area of Canada. All of Canada uses the same point schedule.

If you beat 1 dog (plus yourself) you get 1 point
3-6 dogs (including yourself) is 2 points
6-9 dogs is 3 points
10-13 dogs is 4 points
14+ dogs is 5 points

Kelly
 AMG
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2005 5:57:35 PM reply with quote send message to AMG Object to Post

Thanks for sharing all of that. I'm hoping to put a Can Ch. title on my boy, probably not until the summer of 2006, though, but nevertheless, it's still nice to know HOW to do it. I'm taking a trip to NY this summer, and am thinking about taking him, so I might show in Canada while I'm nearby. II'll probably work on getting his AKC Championship title, first, though.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing