Search

.com Forum · Akita

Replies in this thread : 6

Author Topic : Calling the Color Breeders - Updates?
 Topaz Fields
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/8/2014 11:47:57 AM reply with quote send message to Topaz Fields Object to Post   

I would like to start a thread so we can keep updated on each others progress and maybe collaborate a little as well. My first litters are due tomorrow.

What colors do you have? Are you going to add anymore? What is your highest SOP?

I have red, mask, brindle. Other colors not currently planned. As far as SOPs, mine are all source dogs so I'm sure you can imagine - I feel the need to use the 'old' stats so that I can stand to look at them happy :)

If anyone is interested in the red masked male, please let me know - I'm thinking about FHing him soon.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2014 5:39:05 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I have so many color combos, I feel like I did when I first started out in Dachshunds...confused and lost, lol.

I have pintos, masks, brown brindles, um, goodness knows what else...and SOP-wise, most are in the 4-5 range. No black brindles, which I would like to get eventually.

So, check out what I have, lol.

Alexandria

-----
Last edited by Laffy-Taffy Kennels on 2/8/2014 5:40:51 PM
 Topaz Fields
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2014 6:24:20 PM reply with quote send message to Topaz Fields Object to Post

You have a black brindle pinto, very nice.

I know what you mean about being lost and confused - I have looked at the color genetics page, and wow.

I'm excited to see the first pups tomorrow - so curious what colors they'll be.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
2/8/2014 6:54:18 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

*slaps head* I do have a black brindle! Whoops, lol.

But, yes, I'll get a grip on it in a while...just need to get a feel for actual breeding wink ;)

Alexandria
 Topaz Fields
Basic User

Basic User
2/9/2014 9:52:33 AM reply with quote send message to Topaz Fields Object to Post

I wasn't sure if maybe you weren't counting that one for some reason. Like maybe you were looking for a solid one, but I should have known it was 'too many dogs' syndrome. I have a real problem with that sometimes.

For anyone who might be interested, I got some fawn pintos, red and black brindles, and one masked pup. I will accept offers of $10 otherwise will be FHing them this evening - I have turned off offers for the pups I plan to keep. These pups are gen 1 and so are otherwise atrocious wink ;)

My red masked source male carries brindle and possibly pinto (trying to fit my head around the genetic code there). Offer $10 and he's yours, otherwise I might let him sit in my basic kennel for a while.

Does anyone happen to know what website/book Jeff used to code the colors? What I'm reading on websites doesn't always match up with what I'm finding in the game. Thank you!
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
2/9/2014 3:14:32 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

posted by Topaz Fields

Does anyone happen to know what website/book Jeff used to code the colors? What I'm reading on websites doesn't always match up with what I'm finding in the game. Thank you!

Jeff did not do the code, or use a specific source. Nearly all breeds were coded by the users themselves- some with a better grasp of genetics than others, some intentionally using "fudged" genetics, some having colors where the genetics are not yet understood, and some having used older understandings (like Little) of genetics that are still popularly quoted but now known to not be exact.

The original genetic thread for Akitas is here- www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=265226
 Topaz Fields
Basic User

Basic User
2/9/2014 3:35:35 PM reply with quote send message to Topaz Fields Object to Post

Well, that makes things interesting. Thank you Lilliput happy :)

Replies in this thread : 6

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.