Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : I'm new I wanted to introduce myself
 bonus41
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/9/2014 1:01:34 PM reply with quote send message to bonus41 Object to Post   

This is my last year of school. And over the least year I have been co-op ing at Vega Kennels. They specialize in German Shepherds, and I learned the basics of how to show, train, and breed quality show dogs... As my graduating present my parent's bought me a CKC registered, show quality White Lab from another Kennel close friends with Vega kennels... I get my new pup tomorrow. I think i have found my career, I want to go be a junior handler!

I'm hoping this online site might help me with my first show dog, it is the reason I have joined... I'm still a bit confused with this site but I'm going to stick with it

It is very helpful for learning the basics about showing!!
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2014 10:07:40 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Welcome! I've been a member of this site for going on three years, and I have learned SO much from other serious handlers/owners/breeders. If you're willing to listen, they have lots to say. And they're very patient with questions...I don't have a show pup yet, but will in a few years, I hope.

Best of luck to you!

Alexandria
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/10/2014 4:16:40 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Welcome!
Many of us SD users also breed/show in RL. Speaking for myself - I am always willing to help out someone new in the sport and/or the game. I believe most other people are the same way.
If you have questions, ask away!

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.