Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 12

Author Topic : an update on my Toller for those that know her
 Mistys
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/23/2014 2:35:20 PM reply with quote send message to Mistys Object to Post   

I've been playing this game a long time and many oldies may remember my one and only show dog, Electra(Baby) a Toller

my baby girl only just turned 8 years old a couple weeks ago. unfortunately I took her to the vet on Friday because she stopped eating(Baby ALWAYS eats) when we got to the vet she was jaundiced, so a full diagnostic blood panel was run and her liver enzymes are off the charts, all of them, so badly that her entire liver and gallbladder are in complete failure. an ultrasound was done yesterday and found her liver was small and abnormally shaped and the walls are are gallbladder and liver are thickened all around, they are filtering nothing. she spent the day on IV's yesterday and we opted to bring her home last night, and just keep her as comfortable as possible for as long as she remains with us. unfortunately even with the intensive care her prognosis was very poor, had the odds been higher, we would have kept going with it, but she was sooo stressed being taken away from me(they had to carry her away, she refused to leave my side), we felt that if we are going to lose her, we want to be at her side. we only lost Misty less then 7 months ago, and she was hospitalized when we lost her, not having been at her side was the #1 most difficult thing about her loss. so we are doing everything we can to keep Baby comfortable and we are just spending whatever time we have left with her.
 Purrs_Port
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2014 4:17:45 PM reply with quote send message to Purrs_Port Object to Post

Misty I am so sorry beyond sorry and know how hard it is to go through all that. We lost my 18 year old kitty Missy who was my baby since kitten hood. She had elevated liver enzymes years ago, caught early.
Think she had a stroke at the end, couldn't stand at all, had to be spoon fed over last weekend, also had diabetes.
But she was never over weight. Still miss her.
 Tollers N Terriers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/23/2014 5:45:10 PM reply with quote send message to Tollers N Terriers Object to Post

As a fellow Toller owner my heart goes out to you and Electra. I remember reading about her several years ago. I'm glad she can be with you at this difficult time and my thoughts and prayers are with both of you.
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2014 7:09:26 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

Awwww, I'm so sorry to hear that! sad :( It's so sad to let them go.

Alexandria
 Acclamation
Basic User

Basic User
3/23/2014 10:49:17 PM reply with quote send message to Acclamation Object to Post

How very sad ... but at least you love and respect your beloved furbaby to not have her pass away with strangers. Her pawprints will be on your heart forever.
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/23/2014 11:04:17 PM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

What a sweet girl. I do remember Electra. My prayers go out to you, that is really tough, especially with such a young dog. May you feel peaceful about her sickness and comforted if she leaves you. I am so sorry.
 PicketFence Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/23/2014 11:04:19 PM reply with quote send message to PicketFence Kennels Object to Post

What a sweet girl. I do remember Electra. My prayers go out to you, that is really tough, especially with such a young dog. May you feel peaceful about her sickness and comforted if she leaves you. I am so sorry.
 Yuki Siouxie
Basic User

Basic User
3/29/2014 12:25:03 PM reply with quote send message to Yuki Siouxie Object to Post

I'm so sorry to hear about this. For what it's worth my thoughts are with you
 JLK Goldens
Basic User

Basic User
4/3/2014 1:05:49 PM reply with quote send message to JLK Goldens Object to Post

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and Electra I have always loved her so sorry that this is going on.

Jana
 Mistys
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/3/2014 9:24:20 PM reply with quote send message to Mistys Object to Post

Thanks for the wishes everyone, My apologies for not updating here sooner, unfortunately I had to let her go last Thurs. She went downhill fast and went from "a little confused" (but had not been eating or drinking whatsoever) when we made the appointment and by the time it was time to head out an hour and a half later she was barely conscious sad :( she remained in my arms the entire time and her ashes came back to me yesterday. Hard to believe my Baby girl is gone, she was sooooo young sad :( I feel much better though that I was able to keep her with me 100% for her last week right until the end, which is where she always wanted to be.
 CoffieDog
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2014 7:16:55 PM reply with quote send message to CoffieDog Object to Post

I'm so sorry for your loss sad :( at least she was able to spend her final moments with you. as a fellow toller owner, my thoughts and prayers are with you!
 Featherrun
Basic User

Basic User
4/4/2014 11:29:27 PM reply with quote send message to Featherrun Object to Post

So sorry to hear that, I remember her fondly. sad :(
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/7/2014 10:43:54 AM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

So sorry you lost her sad :( sad :(. She is in a better place and not suffering anymore, though (which always comforted me).

Alexandria

Replies in this thread : 12

Did you know?
Additional points may be awarded to the Best of Winners, or a class dog that goes Best of Breed or Best of Opposite Sex, again depending on the number of dogs competing