Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 17

Author Topic : Random rant...
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
3/25/2014 9:28:55 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post   

I personally believe there should be a rule set against dang handler hogging. I am so sick of having a life and coming back to enter shows and the SAME KENNEL has taken every single handler available in nearly every single show.

Not to mention the kennel in question already cheats and fakes the system, has been reported on numerous occassions and had been in trouble once, and yet continues to repeat the offense. Seriously sick and tired of it. How can that be fair to the rest of us???

Four
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2014 3:12:48 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

a handler fee was introduced to help diswade people form using lots of handlers in the same show. I think that's still about. So if someone is entering lots of dogs to take the best handlers so others cant use them it will be costing them money.

your best bet is to plan ahead and entre way in advance
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/26/2014 8:08:14 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Yeah, I try to do that but with show season here, a full time job and a five year old....so very hard to get on as often as I was before.

It wouldn't bother me so much if the kennel in question was not cheating the system. She is somehow over the allowed limit with dogs yet she breeds and enters...

I was under the impression that there was a system block to keep that from happening.

I have reported this to Jeff, as have MANY other people and granted, he has done something, but she just keeps doing it over and over. He's getting sick of it. As are the rest of us.

Four
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/26/2014 8:08:16 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Double post...gah...

-----
Last edited by Fourlorn on 3/26/2014 8:09:08 PM
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/26/2014 8:08:17 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

triple post. ._.

-----
Last edited by Fourlorn on 3/26/2014 8:08:57 PM
 Laffy-Taffy Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/26/2014 8:28:43 PM reply with quote send message to Laffy-Taffy Kennels Object to Post

I've been entering about 5 Afghans per night (I honestly can't remember if I have 6 or 5, whatever), and I've been trying to pick lower down handlers for this very reason. I've always disliked it when people used all the good handlers, and I don't want to do that to others.

And, the person in question is gonna drive us all nuts. I'm also in that breed and it makes you want to reach through the screen and knock them into the middle of next year.

Alexandria
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2014 3:22:49 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

I tried to look up who you were talking about and oh my gosh that is ridiculous
 Amplitude
Basic User

Basic User
3/27/2014 9:51:59 PM reply with quote send message to Amplitude Object to Post

THANK YOU. I am sick to death of it. I pay the same money she does, no reason why she should be taking advantage of Jeff or the system.

Something needs done about it.

Four
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2014 10:49:25 AM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

Yes, they do seem to have multiple basic subsidiaries which would explain how they can afford all those handlers day after day. But from a brief glance I think it would be possible to out-wit them on the handler front to overcome the handler hogging (now that we have many less political judges).

There is a way around the 30 dog limit now I've only used it a few times when I was 1 dog over the limit waiting for a bitch to whelp before FHing her.

grif,
 Prophesy
Basic User

Basic User
3/28/2014 2:01:07 PM reply with quote send message to Prophesy Object to Post

Yes,
I am aware that there is a way and having an intention behind it like you mention, but to go above and beyond like she does? That's simply creating her own law system to get away with stuff and take advantage of the current system.

I know there is something else going on. She never sells, she rarely uses studs and they're constantly creating shows and payouts. Come on now, I am far from stupid.

Four
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
3/29/2014 7:24:04 PM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

So, why aren't we naming the kennel and challenging the site to fix the loopholes that are allowing some to take advantage?

Is Jeff ignoring this?

Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/29/2014 7:57:04 PM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

I personally don't feel that Jeff is ignoring this, but I believe he is getting tired of the complaints. He's already done something about it once, but the kennel keeps repeating the offense. 4

If you want to know the kennel in question, feel free to PM me. I am not sure if Jeff wants to me to publicly announce the kennel to cause more issues, or to give this person a heads to up try and save her hide.

Four
 Kalynda
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2014 7:18:58 AM reply with quote send message to Kalynda Object to Post

Oh I figured out the kennel - just odd that Jeff allows it if it's causing trouble for others.
 PPvallhunds
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2014 5:39:45 PM reply with quote send message to PPvallhunds Object to Post

If they are doing something wrong and Jeff has warned them about it and they are still doing it why does he not ban them and delete there account?
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/31/2014 10:09:18 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

I honestly wish I could answer that. I don't think Jeff is "letting it slide" so to speak, as much as he is trying to keep up with everything and maintaining a life. Yet, I personally believe that this kennel has caused enough grief amongst people that I know a few who are canceling subs because they feel like they're being fooled out of a chance.

Cheating is cheating, no matter how strategically you go about trying to pull it off. And with what I know about the kennel, I know there are no sales, stud use or anything else that's keeping the kennel sustained. So, she's either majorly into debt, and she somehow affords stud fees on everyone else's dogs and manages to create and ENTER shows on a regular basis; OR, there has to be another form of income, more basics playing bank? Pretty sure that's against the rules too.

Four
 residential4
Basic User

Basic User
3/31/2014 2:08:26 PM reply with quote send message to residential4 Object to Post

Why not work together to put all studs on approval? I've only got a few dobies in Res.5. but I find it difficult to do anything useful in the breed as well.
 griffin
Basic User

Basic User
4/1/2014 3:26:09 AM reply with quote send message to griffin Object to Post

Ok I've reported them and many basic accounts I suspect they also own to staff. Hopefully they can do something about it.

grif,

-----
Last edited by griffin on 4/1/2014 3:28:48 AM
 Fourlorn
Premium Member

Premium Member
4/1/2014 9:13:03 AM reply with quote send message to Fourlorn Object to Post

Thank you Griffin.

I just can't help but feel taken advantage of in this situation cause here she is soo many over limit, and you can clearly see she's breeding and entering shows. I did make an attempt to contact her myself but she just ignored me and deleted the messages. Aside from that kennel, we all get along so well in Dobes and we all work together to better the breed.

I really do LOVE me Dobes.

Four

Replies in this thread : 17

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.