Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Making money?
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/13/2014 7:01:01 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post   

So, I'm considering starting my own source line, however, I don't know how I can keep it running fiscally. How do you guys do it?
 Caliber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2014 12:15:43 PM reply with quote send message to Caliber Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Switch your salary/sessions setting to all sessions and sell extra sessions every day for premium accounts. For basic, if you aren't showing dogs, there's no need to session so just sell the ones you have.
That's pretty much the only income I have, my breeds rarely sell pups or have studs used.

-----
Last edited by Caliber Kennels on 4/14/2014 12:16:54 PM
 Windsong Hills
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2014 1:19:48 PM reply with quote send message to Windsong Hills Object to Post

Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. Thank you! I paid for a premie account, but it hasn't kicked in yet.
 Elixir Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/14/2014 7:02:40 PM reply with quote send message to Elixir Kennels Object to Post

pay attention to the food you're feeding too- it really adds up cost wise.
Again, if you're not showing- condition doesn't matter, so feed the generic old boy. Once you decide you are going to show, you'll have to feed higher quality foods to increase condition to 20, then drop to a maintenance food.
www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=378429
this thread has a good explanation on custom rations since you'll be a premie.
it'll be a LONG time before you'll be up to comparable/finishable SOP if you start completely from source lines, however in some breeds, thats really the only way to go! I'm doing it myself in a few.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.