Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Conditioning Broods
 Grazioso Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
7/16/2014 6:26:52 PM reply with quote send message to Grazioso Kennel Object to Post   

When I used to play everyone would condition their broods as pups so when they were ready to breed at 30 days, they had a 20 but only in condition. It was supposed to make it easier to session condition in the pups. Is it still like that? How many people do that?
- Grazioso
 Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
7/16/2014 6:42:51 PM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Because her condition will effect the pups condition negatively or positively, I would continue to do that. I had a dog whose dam had a condition of 6 and her condition reached 20 at 30 days. That's really atypical since that can happen at 12-14 days.

eta if I was breeding and wasn't showing the offspring, I wouldn't bother feeding them anything to up the dam's quality to save money, either.

-----
Last edited by Leotyde Kennels on 7/16/2014 6:48:56 PM
 Grazioso Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2014 7:09:06 PM reply with quote send message to Grazioso Kennel Object to Post

Ah. That makes sense. Thank you!
- Grazioso
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
7/16/2014 8:26:46 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I am currently working on some traits with Gordon Setters, but since they won't be in the ring for a while, I am feeding the adults and puppies old boy for adults (cheapest food). For show pups, I definitely suggest getting the condition up, but your source dogs, save money everywhere you can! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.