Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : High COI
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/2/2014 5:08:57 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post   

What happens when COI is high, because of the lack of dogs, and inbreeding happens? Anything, other than shorter life spans?
 Lilliput
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2014 5:17:41 PM reply with quote send message to Lilliput Object to Post

Nothing happens until you get over 15%.

After 15% the higher it goes, the worse the offspring. Pups under 20% can still sometimes be useful, although not great.

As it climbs even the higher, the dogs get worse, and worse stats
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2014 5:21:39 PM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post

Ugh. Thank you. I was worried I would need to bring in new blood.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
8/2/2014 6:19:15 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Personally I try to avoid over 13.13% it just bothers me, but if your breed has very little gene pool, it won't hurt!
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/4/2014 2:26:15 AM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post

Leotyde has been helping us find different studs, so I'm going to hold off on bringing new blood in ... I bought 4 to do two lines, but I FH'd them ... Want to focus on my Gordons, for the source breeding. Even with that, I'm not doing strict source to source ... Doing source to show quality. happy :)

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.