Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : looking for breeds that need help
 southern joy
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/5/2014 4:46:31 PM reply with quote send message to southern joy Object to Post   

subject pretty much says it ..I recently returned to game jumped right into a family subscription so have a few kennels ..I always liked doing rare breeds so thats my first interest
thank you
 Saragrave
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2014 5:25:25 PM reply with quote send message to Saragrave Object to Post

Hi happy :)

Portuguese Pointers
A few of us have started in this breed in the hopes of encouraging new players. The orginal people are super freindly and willing to help with Broodies and Pups etc.
Stud prices range in price according to Quality but none seem to be more than $200.. with alot at $50.
Finishable SOP is 87% +
Plenty of 87%+ broodies and pups currently available.
We would LOVE to have any new players in the breed.
We get Group placements!.. and with all the new people I can see this breed being a really neat but friendly competitive breed.
Lots of dogs are being sessioned to be shown so Major's should be easy.
Please come and join us happy :)
Saragrave
 southern_acres
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2014 5:49:26 PM reply with quote send message to southern_acres Object to Post

this is one my other accounts I have a couple of that breed in it ..at time I only had the one account ..I might add them to other account use it for that breed ..in past I would do two breeds in a account but not more as it was harder to get enough sessions etc .. not showing yet nothing to show gotta condition dogs might have to breed up to get show-able dogs too I know that wont happen over night
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
8/5/2014 7:35:59 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

Gday!

I also have a family sub and almost all my breeds are rare breeds so here is some info:

Caucasian Mountain Dogs (CMDs):

Top SOP: We just hit the early 89.00% in the past few weeks!

Breedable SOP range: mostly 88% and above, unless there is a high 87% with an awesome trait.

# of active kennels: Only THREE!!

Stud fees: 99% of studs are up for either $25 or $50. We currently have 16 studs available.

Anatolian Shepherds: (Tolians)

Top SOP: I believe someone just got a 91% dog the other day! Most of the high SOP dogs are in the 90% range

Breedable SOP range: We still have a lot of 89% dogs around too.

# of active kennels: Up until recently I was the only active kennel, but thankfully we now have 3 major kennels working on improving the breed, and we have recently had another 6 people join the breed (each with only a few dogs each). We are still looking for more players – and we would love to have some more competition in the show ring!

Stud fees: 18 studs currently available: ALL studs are up for $25 or $50

Tolians are one of those breeds that I just keep coming back to (have been on SD for 8 years). There are always friendly players, and everyone is willing to help eachother too which is awesome! I have had a project running for quite a while to improve the ‘Head’ trait – so there are always new projects coming up happy :)

Azawakhs: (I think of them as more refined and dignified Greyhounds, haha!!)

Top SOP: Just broke into the 90% range this fortnight which is awesome!

Breedable SOP range: majority are 88-89%

# of active kennels: A few months ago we lost 2 of the most major and highly respected players in the breed – so for a while it was just me. We have now got 6 kennels (5 of which have 10 dogs or less) active in the breed – so we definitely need some more active large scale kennels to help keep the breed going happy :)

Stud fees: $50 across the board. Approximately 18 studs available.

I am more than happy to set anyone up with some brood girls in any of the breeds listed above happy :)

I’m also more than happy to answer any questions on the breeds!

All of the above breeds have colour breeding available – however most of the people in each of the breeds aren’t currently focusing on colour breeding. Finding majors in these breeds is a bit hard at the moment due to a lack of entries as a lot of kennels have only just started out – but I always have pups being sessioned in all breeds – so there will always be competition when you’re ready to start showing! happy :)

For those interested my kennels are:
Ariege – Anatolian Shepherds
Quileute Legends – Caucasian Mountain Dogs
Chaos and Havoc - Azawakhs
 Taranis
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 4:02:32 AM reply with quote send message to Taranis Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I second Portuguese Pointers. I've been in this breed for a bit over two years now, and it's so nice to see them now getting group placements and being a bit more competitive. I have piles of Portuguese Pointer puppies for sale (I've been dying to say that...), some good for breeding but many of show quality with SOPs of 87+, and a few broods as well.

All puppies from my kennel are sold for $100, and all studs are either $25 for most dogs, or $50 for champions and grand champions.

-----
Last edited by Taranis on 8/6/2014 4:06:15 AM
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 2:29:36 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Pumis!

There are only 8 breeders. About 2 or 3 serious breeders. ( I own 2 kennels ) Ranked number 165 on the breed list.

We have colors and semi-color projects. The colors tend to have different numbers because they were behind and had to be breed from low SOP dogs. I run a White kennel and a Color kennel ( black, fawn, and gray ). Whites tend to be around 74.00 to 78.00 in my kennel, colors are around 73.

Sometimes 2 of the kennels will build random majors but I don't want to show until the 80s.

Studs are never over 25 and Pumis have about 4 or 5 offspring.

The kennels don't communicate much but I doubt the other breeders are rude! I would be glad to provide dogs and I would hope they would too!
 southern joy
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 4:52:09 PM reply with quote send message to southern joy Object to Post

I have Portuguese Pointers on this account two bitches I brought not really a age to get ready to show etc so I went ahead bred them ..but interested in getting a finish-able dog or bitch and more breeding ones of course .I usually will do two breeds in a kennel and I have a couple more kennels no dogs.. I can also add one more kennel so I will check out the other breeds
 Taranis
Basic User

Basic User
8/7/2014 6:31:24 AM reply with quote send message to Taranis Object to Post

I currently have three Portuguese Pointer broods for sale, and a large number of pups of either breeding or showing quality. Take your pick! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.