Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : New obsession
 Heiresscollies
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/6/2014 1:33:15 AM reply with quote send message to Heiresscollies Object to Post   

Im so happy that i found this website. I show collies and do junior showmanship so i am hopefully able to meet others through here ??
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/6/2014 11:13:29 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hi and welcome.

If you have any general questions please feel free to write. I'm not in Collies or Tervurens so I'm not going to be able to help much there.

However, first advise - With very few exceptions, source dogs are so far behind the game bred dogs that you should probably sell or forever home the ones you have and contact some established breeders. You can check the dogs for sale too.

Second advise - As a new account you can breed for the first month to see how you like the game. Buy a couple of girls that are 25+ days old so that you can breed them within the month you have. If you are going to subscribe anyway, it doesn't matter that much.

Third advice - If you are going to show your dogs, you need to pick a better feed (SuperDuper?) and session. Don't try to show more than a couple at first - you will not have the resources ($$$/Sessions) to do it properly.

And lastly, you should probably have posted this in the "Beginners" forum (lol).

Good luck

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 8/6/2014 11:16:32 AM
 TCrown
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 12:49:05 PM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post

I may be wrong but thinking the OP might have posted in the correct forum actually, just going off of the "i show in junior showmanship"?

Welcome and look forward to hearing more about you and your dogs! I dont show in conformation, just agility, but know many on here do conformation happy :)

TCrown
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 12:54:25 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

I show Conformation, Rally and just starting Agility. Welcome!!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 1:08:54 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Looks like the correct forum to me. happy :) Welcome!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 2:15:52 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Hello! It's a great website and everyone is very friendly. You should check out our chat page!

showdogchat.wikifoundry.com/

Also, I show in Juniors too! I wonder if we will ever meet up, I go to shows in SC and NC so more than likely not since they are small states. But still!(:

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
In the United Kingdom, the international championship show Crufts was first held in 1891.