Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Best Starter dog breed?
 KVS Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/6/2014 1:00:43 PM reply with quote send message to KVS Kennels Object to Post   

I just started this game and I am wondering what you think is the best breed for new players. Ideally I am looking for a breed that already has the color pics so I don't have to upload them myself. Otherwise, I don't really care about breed specifics.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 1:04:00 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

When I came back, I showed and finished a few breeds, before falling in love with Gordon Setters. Maybe you could make a post, offering to show and finish dogs for people? happy :)

ETA: Welcome!!!!!

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 8/6/2014 1:07:15 PM
 KVS Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 1:19:39 PM reply with quote send message to KVS Kennels Object to Post

posted by Treestand Kennel
When I came back, I showed and finished a few breeds, before falling in love with Gordon Setters. Maybe you could make a post, offering to show and finish dogs for people? happy :)

ETA: Welcome!!!!!

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 8/6/2014 1:07:15 PM

What is finishing? Sorry for the dumb question but I am new here!
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 2:14:13 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

Finishing is when you take a dog and enter it in shows so it gets points and wins a Champion ( CH ) title!(:
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 2:18:08 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Smooth Fox Terriers are fun. We have 4 colors:

www.showdog.com/dogbreed/Smooth_Fox_Terrier.aspx

I could offer you a bitch to session and show, if you want.

eta if you have questions, ask around or check out:
www.showdog.com/help/

-----
Last edited by Kievan Kennels on 8/6/2014 2:19:04 PM
 KVS Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 3:04:14 PM reply with quote send message to KVS Kennels Object to Post

posted by Kievan Kennels
Smooth Fox Terriers are fun. We have 4 colors:

www.showdog.com/dogbreed/Smooth_Fox_Terrier.aspx

I could offer you a bitch to session and show, if you want.

eta if you have questions, ask around or check out:
www.showdog.com/help/

-----
Last edited by Kievan Kennels on 8/6/2014 2:19:04 PM

I'd certainly be willing to finish one of your Fox Terriers if you want, but I may have to message you asking you about how to specifically train/feed/prepare them for shows. Anyone else who posted here, I can also finish your dogs if you want.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 7:54:58 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'm sorry, thank you for clarifying Beach Dunes! happy :)

The help section is a great place to start. Dogs are automatically fed everyday. I would avoid using Old Boy Generic Dog food, because it doesn't help with sessioning (muscle tone and coat condition) and actually sets you back. When I was a basic, I used super duper foods. A dog is a puppy from 0-13 days. When the dog turns 14 days old, you need to change it from a puppy food to a dog food. If you do not, your condition, muscle tone, and coat condition will decline no matter what food you are feeding.

If you have any questions, post here or message anyone who has replied here. happy :)
 KVS Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/6/2014 8:48:00 PM reply with quote send message to KVS Kennels Object to Post

posted by Treestand Kennel
I'm sorry, thank you for clarifying Beach Dunes! happy :)

The help section is a great place to start. Dogs are automatically fed everyday. I would avoid using Old Boy Generic Dog food, because it doesn't help with sessioning (muscle tone and coat condition) and actually sets you back. When I was a basic, I used super duper foods. A dog is a puppy from 0-13 days. When the dog turns 14 days old, you need to change it from a puppy food to a dog food. If you do not, your condition, muscle tone, and coat condition will decline no matter what food you are feeding.

If you have any questions, post here or message anyone who has replied here. happy :)

Thanks for the advice. If you would like me to finish one of your Gordons, I could do that.

Replies in this thread : 7

The Kennel Club (UK) system, which is also used by the Australian National Kennel Council[1] and in other countries, is considered the most difficult to earn a title under.