Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : I need retraining
 Cranberry Bog Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/27/2014 4:20:37 PM reply with quote send message to Cranberry Bog Kennel Object to Post   

Hi! I got an email from Showdog, which reminded me of the game I liked so many years ago. Of course, I remember zilch, lol. Is there any place I can read up on how to raise & train a pup? I chose an American Eskimo Dog, & I'm going to just concentrate on the lone dog until I learn again. I've read all thru the help section, but it seems to assume I know more than I do.
Thanks for any suggestions. happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/27/2014 5:07:00 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Puppies settle at birth now.
Keep your dog on puppy food from 0-13 days then switch to adult food. Don't use old boy, it does nothing to help your dog.
Sessions come out just after midnight, you can session your dogs on your own, or use kennel assistants. To find the kennel assistants link, go to the left side of your page and under "My Kennel" click on assistants (fourth link down).
Dogs are fed automatically every morning, I think at 8:30.
Some judges prefer owners to handle the dog, you can find this by clicking on the judge's name. Some also prefer males over females.

Hope this helps a little. Message me with any other questions you have. happy :)

Welcome back!
 Cranberry Bog Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2014 10:29:49 AM reply with quote send message to Cranberry Bog Kennel Object to Post

Thanks Treestand, good tips. I guess I'm used to games that have lots of tutorials, but I'll just take it slow. Thats not easy for me, haha. I'm already wanting to buy more snow dogs, and planning what kind of kennel to build. I remember that we could organize the dogs into different groups? Not sure how to do that yet.
 Leotyde Kennels
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/28/2014 10:39:28 AM reply with quote send message to Leotyde Kennels Object to Post

posted by Cranberry Bog Kennel
I remember that we could organize the dogs into different groups? Not sure how to do that yet.
Create kennel runs here:
www.showdog.com/users/runs.aspx

Add dogs to them on their individual page under:
Owner Options > Move To (drop-down menu)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/28/2014 11:28:18 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

You'll do great!

To manage your kennel runs, click on the "My Account" link and then "Manage Kennel Runs" in the middle of the page! Under Account Settings. happy :)
 Cranberry Bog Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2014 4:08:23 PM reply with quote send message to Cranberry Bog Kennel Object to Post

Thanks for your help. I'm getting there. wink ;)

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.