Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Tulies agility runs- 24", OA, fastest time all dogs/heights... so much great stuff!!
 TCrown
Basic User

System.__ComObject
9/25/2014 1:17:28 PM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post   

Tess' runs from the weekend, first time trialing 24" and first time in Excellent AND earned our OA title Lots of amazing stuff and plenty to work on for me, she's amazing and is perfect in the sense of she will always do her best to do exactly what I have asked/trained her to do, so I better learn to be precise and clear in what I'm asking of this amazing girl And look at how FAST and CONFIDENT she is getting!!!

My favorite run of the weekend, Tess' Exc Std www.youtube.com/watch?v=0y5T7ZddQ8k

Tess' first time on an Exc course, JWW- www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mCH4iPLZrY

Tess' OA title (I still think we might've been given that DW but you won't hear me complain )- www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CZS2MqxuiQ

Only bars all weekend, last run, JWW- www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn7orBeT5-s

First run of the weekend, T2B, classic "handler keeps messing the poor dog up" run (glad we could pull it together for our other runs)- www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RnANObJAfc
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/25/2014 2:32:49 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

She is quick!! Did she miss the contact on the dog walk?
She looks like she would be a blast to run in agility! Great job training and handling her!! I am sure you two will have a lot of great memories together happy :)
 TCrown
Basic User

Basic User
9/26/2014 3:22:19 PM reply with quote send message to TCrown Object to Post

Thanks!! happy :) She hit her DW contact heading into the weaves (or at least the judge saw such, I still think it was really high) but yes, she missed the other DW contact heading into that corner. Her striding was actually BEAUTIFUL however I was pulling away laterally (unintentionally) and it caused her to land on the ground right *beside* the contact rather than remaining straight on the board to land *in* the contact... she's very sensitive to my handling and also not very confident on her DW yet so whatever I do or do not do tends to affect her hits currently, but with time and confidence I fully expect them to become more and more independent of my imperfect handling happy :)

And yes, she has only just started picking up the speed to this new gear and we are really beginning to run like a *team* out there! I still have so SO much to learn but she is just fantastic happy :)

TCrown happy :)
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
9/27/2014 10:14:38 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

I just love the agility ring!! I admit, I have been out of it for several years, since I lost my agility dog nearly 4 years ago. I hope to get back in the training ring soon with my GWP and do agility once she is finished in the conformation ring - we also plan to get Rally and Hunting titles happy :)
I know it is a ton of fun, I really enjoy it because it's fast paced and I love the way you bond with your dog, it's different than the other rings!

Funny story for you - when I first started training agility, in 4H, i was 13 maybe? and my dog, Sparky, HATED the table.... so it was on-lead agility at the state fair. We were doing awesome, he loved the jumps and everything except the table, he jumped on the table and refused the down, I tugged on the leash to encourage the down and he backed right out of his collar!!! He ran around and hit several jumps, the tunnel, and then right out of the ring and into a baby stroller!! Thank goodness it was empty, but it was so embarrassing for me!! Every one else seemed to get a good laugh happy :)

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The first obedience title is a CD, or "Companion Dog", which is earned through competition in the Novice obedience class.