Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Hello,
 KT Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
10/27/2014 7:33:43 AM reply with quote send message to KT Kennel Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I also play on Trophyhorse and Showrabbits, and thought I would give Showdogs a try. I am interested in English setters initially, but open to ideas as to other breeds as I have quite a few favourites!
How do I go about working out if a dog is any good when they are in auction? I can't see their sop. Or whether they are retired etc. i bought a bitch that I can't seem to breed from, but she is still able to be shown... So not on the retirement couch?
Any help much appreciated- I pay to play on both the other sites so hopefully will be doing so here soon enough.

Thanks,
Katie

-----
Last edited by KT Kennel on 10/27/2014 7:37:04 AM
 King Blazzo Bloodline
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2014 9:12:59 AM reply with quote send message to King Blazzo Bloodline Object to Post

you may have purchased a dog that had a litter within the past 5 days. if you are a premium member you can see the sop from the auction page if not you have to click on the dogs to see their sop.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2014 9:15:40 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Welcome!

Your girl can enter all breed shows until she turns 120 days old, then she will only be able to enter breed specialties. You cannot breed her yet, because her most recent puppies are 1 day old. I suggest messaging the top kennels in your desired breed, to ask what is competitive in the breed. happy :)
 KT Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2014 9:52:53 AM reply with quote send message to KT Kennel Object to Post

Awesome thanks happy :) i will message them.

Thanks for helping me understand the bitch I bought- that makes sense now.

KT Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2014 9:54:38 AM reply with quote send message to KT Kennel Object to Post

Why does it still say she is for sale on the auction page?
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2014 10:52:52 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

It just doesn't always update frequently. No worries
 GaylanStudio4
Premium Member

Premium Member
10/27/2014 11:59:00 AM reply with quote send message to GaylanStudio4 Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Welcome!

I recently got into English Setters - actually all 4 setter breeds (lol).

I also have a TH account and a SR account.

-----
Last edited by GaylanStudio4 on 10/27/2014 12:00:02 PM
 KT Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2014 12:30:53 PM reply with quote send message to KT Kennel Object to Post

Thanks Astoria.

Awesome If you don't mind, I might have some questions.
Also bought a german short-haired pointer. They are both breeds I love.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.