Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : Selecting color for source dogs
 tayside
Basic User

System.__ComObject
11/9/2014 9:47:55 AM reply with quote send message to tayside Object to Post   

When I re-joined this game a couple of months ago, I was able to choose the colors I wanted for my source dogs in this account (rare colors were very expensive, common colors were not.) I assumed this was a new feature of the game, but now, in my new accounts for my Family subscription, I don't have that option, and can only change the quality distribution of source dogs but can't specify colors.

I'd like to try color-breeding some whippets, as EVERYTHING in that breed is blue irish or blue fawn irish. But I am not able to select colors like I did for this account.

Any idea why this is? Thanks!
 Sombra Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2014 5:48:07 AM reply with quote send message to Sombra Kennels Object to Post

When you open a new account you're given a few free starter dogs. You can't choose the color on those. After you've used those starters, or by going straight to the purchase link, you can buy starters where you can choose colors.
 amarna
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2014 10:52:08 AM reply with quote send message to amarna Object to Post

OH -- so if I'm understanding correctly, I have to make my free starters first, then I can go to Purchase Dogs and buy starters from that link?
 Astoria2
Basic User

Basic User
11/10/2014 7:12:18 PM reply with quote send message to Astoria2 Object to Post

I would try that - I'm not sure if they actually have to be made first or if you just need to direct link to purchase instead of create.
www.showdog.com/users/newstarters.aspx
thats the direct link for me.
 Goldenrod Whippets
Basic User

Basic User
12/2/2014 7:42:54 AM reply with quote send message to Goldenrod Whippets Object to Post

I have a source line and a competitive non source line. I just had a litter with a lot of sable parti color if your interested.

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.