Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 9

Author Topic : Blood In Urine?
 Akoya Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
12/16/2014 10:36:30 PM reply with quote send message to Akoya Kennels Object to Post   

Have been noticing that my 6 year old intact male has been bleeding. It isn't much, but it drips on the carpeting once in a while. This dog is basically sterile (about 95%). Was just wondering if anyone had experience with this? He is eating fine, behaving normal just not normal seeing that... Would it be fixed by neutering him? Is that the best option? He is a show dog but more importantly a family member.
 Castellan
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2014 12:06:28 AM reply with quote send message to Castellan Object to Post

Really, you need a vet to diagnose. Could be bladder or kidney stones. Could be a urinary tract infection. Could be other things too. This definitely sounds worth a trip to the vet.
 Astoria Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2014 6:54:22 AM reply with quote send message to Astoria Kennel Object to Post

Agreed. It's probably a UTI if his urine stream is weak or he only goes a little at a time, but there are many other things it could be as well, none of which you can tell just from looking at him.
 Dream Castle Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2014 2:50:32 PM reply with quote send message to Dream Castle Kennels Object to Post

I agree with above posts, sounds like a UT I. Probably should get him to your vet soon as you can
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
12/17/2014 3:13:09 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Definitely a vet should be the first thing.
 Castellan
Basic User

Basic User
12/17/2014 7:58:16 PM reply with quote send message to Castellan Object to Post

If it was a bitch, UTI would be my first thought. UTIs are less common in boy dogs though. Certainly not unheard of, but still would make me worried it was something else.
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2014 2:53:09 AM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

100% you need to go to a vet to get treatment - that's the only place you should get veterinary advice from happy :)

As mentioned above, lots of possible reasons behind haematuria - it could be as simple as a UTI (although as mentioned, much less common in males). Or it could be prostate issues (as he isnt desexed yet), diabetes mellitus, or other nasties.

A trip to the vet will give you the answers you seek happy :)

Hope your boy is okay! happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2014 10:34:20 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Please let us know what the vet says!
 Reflections Of
Basic User

Basic User
12/18/2014 11:45:58 AM reply with quote send message to Reflections Of Object to Post

Why haven't you taken him to the vet?!! Very likely bladder stones which are extremely painful and the longer they are left to grow in size, them more likely you will have a huge bill for surgical removal sad :(
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
12/19/2014 4:52:11 PM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

Sounds like prostatitis, since he is intact. That can be really painful. A visit to the vet for sure. Take a urine sample to rule out UTI.

Replies in this thread : 9

Did you know?
In the American Kennel Club, a dog needs 15 points to become a Champion, with each win gaining anywhere from zero to five points depending on the number of dogs competing and the area where the show is held.