Search

.com Forum · American Cocker Spaniel

Replies in this thread : 19

Author Topic : American Cocker Spaniel Breeders- Let's Talk!
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
1/7/2015 1:36:42 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post   

Starting this thread for all ACS players...let's chat more and see how our breed is doing.

I borrowed this from the other breed threads just as ideas to post about.

Feel free to drop by and join in with:
- New High SOPs
- New Studs up
- Show Achievements
- Breeding Achievements
- Trait or Colour Breeding Projects
- Merit Awards
- Group/Show placements
- And any other good old’ random news!
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/7/2015 1:45:44 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

Thanks to Gaylanstudio for digging up these old threads, they are pretty fully of information on cockers...

Color Genetics
www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=236723

Color Genetics 2
www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=230766

Old Color Pictures
www.showdog.com/forum/read.aspx?id=359695

halcyonlisa
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2015 1:39:07 AM reply with quote send message to halcyonlisa Object to Post

Hello everyone happy :)

I'm Lisa and I play SD in the UK.

happy :)
 Ambrosia_Cocker
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2015 8:43:05 AM reply with quote send message to Ambrosia_Cocker Object to Post

Thanks for doing this..I'm excited.
I'm Amber live in MS USA.. And I breed/show cockers in RL.
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/8/2015 1:41:35 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

I have some new buff and buff factored boys available for stud. They are working on finishing their Ch.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13637085

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13639404

Kitsufoxy
Basic User

Basic User
1/9/2015 7:53:34 AM reply with quote send message to Kitsufoxy Object to Post

Hi everyone!

I have a chocolate and tan fellow up for stud. CH KFX Firestorm Sam CD www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13555578 He's by STrk ACS Stud7 out of Ambrosias Fire N Motion. GQ of 94.35. I'm experimenting with a GCh run, and pursuing the higher levels of obedience. Just because I can.

I'm also preparing another dog for a campaign, but we'll see where she goes before I talk too much about her happy :)
 Whovian Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2015 1:04:49 PM reply with quote send message to Whovian Kennels Object to Post

Hi everyone!

This thread is great, thanks for starting it!

I breed/show Havanese in RL, and will be starting Vet school in the fall!

I'm on here sparingly, and therefore don't show very often, but I have some higher than average SOPs in my kennel, if you see something you want to breed to that isn't up for stud let me know, its just because I haven't gotten around to putting them up!

Whovian Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2015 1:05:34 PM reply with quote send message to Whovian Kennels Object to Post

Oh, and IDK if its the highest SOP (prob. not) but I did just have a 95.15 girl born the other day happy :)
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/10/2015 9:42:18 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

In RL, I own 2 boxers. My family bred and showed malamutes when I was growing up and I showed many different breeds for a lot of years.

Whovian that's a great sop! My highest is only 94.55, so you're way ahead of me. Way to go!
 gaylanstudio3
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/11/2015 10:26:16 AM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio3 Object to Post

A Group 1st for Strk Cameo!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13450878
 Foxley 2
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2015 11:03:52 AM reply with quote send message to Foxley 2 Object to Post

Hello,
Foxley 2 is primarily blacks with some brown and some tan points. If your looking for gait, we have some nice studs available producing gait in 9.7. This Brown and Tan boy was forgotten awhile. He is at stud and sessioning to be shown.
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13638602
 Willow Buff
Basic User

Basic User
1/11/2015 11:12:02 AM reply with quote send message to Willow Buff Object to Post

We breed primarily Buff or Buff producing lines. Most of our studs are buff/silver or half buff/silver. we have several buff or silver studs available. This is currently our top Buff pup.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13672641

We have some gorgeous half buff/silver boys including this recently finished half silver.

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13613356

ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
1/12/2015 12:42:15 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

New Specialty added to celebrate my first buff champion's retirement.

Group Winning GCh. Shadowrun Solid Gold
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13440823

www.showdog.com/shows/current_entries.aspx?show=GCh.Shadowrun%20Solid%20Gold%20Retirement%20Specialty

-----
Last edited by ShadowRun Kennel on 1/12/2015 12:42:28 PM
 Envisage
Premium Member

Premium Member
1/15/2015 7:06:32 PM reply with quote send message to Envisage Object to Post

yay.. thank you
 Crystal Cove Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
1/22/2015 8:03:03 AM reply with quote send message to Crystal Cove Kennels Object to Post

Hi,
I've bought a brood several days ago. She is currently bred, I can't wait to play with you guys happy :)
 Diamond Point
Basic User

Basic User
3/19/2015 9:17:29 AM reply with quote send message to Diamond Point Object to Post

posted by Crystal Cove Kennels
Hi,
I've bought a brood several days ago. She is currently bred, I can't wait to play with you guys happy :)

Actually Crystal Cove is my other kennel. Diamond Point is where I house my American Cockers. I am involved in other breeds too; including colors breeding with Rough chows and mini poodles. I have been playing the game on and off for over 10 years. I do remember the chatty and very active days of showdog. Although I enjoyed it then, I still enjoy as I have several kennels running at the moment with different breeds. My favorite part of the game is showing and I try to do it as much as possible, with entering/session lots of dogs and sponsoring the occasional specialty.
As far as colors go what colors do you guys have? What colors do you not have? There seemed to be quite a variety of colors up for stud.

-----
Last edited by Diamond Point on 3/19/2015 9:19:02 AM
 Clwyd Cockers
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/19/2015 4:23:42 PM reply with quote send message to Clwyd Cockers Object to Post

I too remember the chatty times.
I have been here almost 10 years.

Gaylanstudio is the colour queen here. happy :)

I am specializing in, or trying to, blacks.
I don't have a fancy formula...I just breed black to black.

-----
Last edited by Clwyd Cockers on 3/19/2015 4:34:11 PM
 Diamond Point
Basic User

Basic User
3/24/2015 3:35:48 PM reply with quote send message to Diamond Point Object to Post

I color breed in my other kennel, mini poodles, and I dont have a special formula either. It's seems to be a long slow process. I've been color breeding for 4 years on and off.
 ShadowRun Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/24/2015 5:06:35 PM reply with quote send message to ShadowRun Kennel Object to Post

I think all the colors are present in the breed and as of recently the buffs have started hitting show quality.

I have a variety of colors but concentrate on sables, buffs and tris.

-----
Last edited by ShadowRun Kennel on 3/24/2015 5:09:39 PM
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/25/2015 2:05:01 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I agree with Shadowrun - all of the colours that we recognize are present and in a fairly good position. The improvement in buffs should be a big boost to the silvers and buffs who may be lagging a bit, although I can't say for sure. I've been somewhat AWOL in ShowDog overall for a few months. I've kept up just barely but one kennel at a time I'm trying to get re-established.

I've boosted up a couple of colour related articles that were slipping off the page.

Replies in this thread : 19

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.