Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Confessions of a dog owner...
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

System.__ComObject
2/22/2015 6:11:19 PM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post   

Has anyone else used their dog's grooming products on themselves? I just put some Chris Christensen Ice on Ice in my hair for tangles. It's a rare thing for me to do, but I like the way it makes my dog's coat feel, plus it gets tangles out of my hair so why not, right? happy :)

Feel free to share your own RL dog owner confessions/stories. I'd love to hear about them. laugh :D
 Cornus
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2015 6:34:07 PM reply with quote send message to Cornus Object to Post

At shows I am always using the dog brushes and combs on my own hair. CC brushes are the best......
 DoogieG6521
Basic User

Basic User
2/22/2015 6:44:41 PM reply with quote send message to DoogieG6521 Object to Post

Thick n thicker mousse works great for my hair wink :)
 Phlossy
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2015 8:04:17 AM reply with quote send message to Phlossy Object to Post

I regularly use the dog brushes and combs for my own hair... I also tend to use the dog shampoo quite often, especially the color enhancing ones. Thick N Thicker is -amazing- for my hair. I get loads of volume!
 Cornus
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2015 10:17:32 AM reply with quote send message to Cornus Object to Post

Hmmmm...... How well do the color enhancing shampoos work on human hair? Are you using on "natural" hair or color treated hair?
 Chaos and Havoc
Basic User

Basic User
2/23/2015 10:39:31 PM reply with quote send message to Chaos and Havoc Object to Post

I cant really think of anything that I have used at home - but I have used Aloveen Conditioner (an oatmeal based conditioner for dogs) on my own hair at work when my hair got really tangled from the wind.

My younger brother also had a funny 'human-product on dog moment' years ago when I was telling him about the benefits of brushing your dogs teeth, and when I got home from work that day he proclaimed that he had brushed the family dog's (JRT) teeth my a toothbrush and they were sparkly clean! ... He had used MY (human!!) electric toothbrush! :P

Thank god he told me lol! :P
 Spyte
Basic User

Basic User
2/24/2015 4:42:19 PM reply with quote send message to Spyte Object to Post

I have used Isle of Dogs on my hair before, it did pretty well and made my hair look great, good thing because we won that day and took a good photo lol
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
2/24/2015 9:22:22 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Hmm, I'll have to try some of that Thick N Thicker stuff . . .

I used to use Long and Silky creme rinse on my cocker but I'm not sure they make it anymore.

Beer rinse - an old-time show person suggested this and I used it on a B&T cocker. It actually worked quite well on his frizzy coat. He smelled just slightly like a beer parlour but not overpowering (lol).

And I always took a swipe at my own hair with the dog brush.

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The largest and most prestigious dog show in America is the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show, was established in 1877 and is held annually at Madison Square Garden in New York City.