Search

.com Forum · Source Breeder Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Not true source breeding, but ...
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/4/2015 11:09:32 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post   

I just had to show this pretty girl off! She isn't from source to source breeding (anymore). I took on the project of bringing new blood and different traits (big heads, when all Gordon's have small, etc). I have been using show quality dams/sires to get up to show quality more quickly, but I'm still proud of this beautiful girl, nonetheless!

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13839383

WAS stands for Worth A Shot, one of my 3 original lines. I was able to condense all three into one line. I only lost coat and forequarter. I'll work on SS eventually, I'm not too concerned about that right now. happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/4/2015 2:18:46 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Yes she's beautiful - well done! But why oh why do you have her on Old Boy trashy dog food, surely she deserves a custom 1777 puppy ration? or am I missing something fundamental here?
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2015 7:24:16 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I know this is an old thread but thought I'd post anyway.

Most source breeders feed their dogs (both bitches and studs) Old Boy as they wont be showing any of their offspring for a long, long time lol. Therefore there is no point in feeding them good food until their dogs are up to show quality (which in source breeding can take 12 months or more)
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/15/2015 9:47:42 PM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I was giving everyone Pet House, but decided to stop feeding it to project dogs and stud only dogs when their condition doesn't matter. happy :)

-----
Last edited by SmokeJumper Kennel on 6/16/2015 6:29:15 PM

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.