Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 2

Author Topic : Crufts
 mournebrake
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/8/2015 4:27:34 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post   

My money is on the Scottish Terrier although the Maltese is to die for gorgeous. 5 of the 7 group winners are non-UK dogs - me thinks we British need to up our game because the foreigners are kicking our backsides good and proper
 chocolateteapot
Premium Member

Premium Member
3/9/2015 3:13:53 PM reply with quote send message to chocolateteapot Object to Post

lol Was rather thinking the same myself - even one of the two UK owned ones was bred in France!
Scottie deserved it. Shame the breed is seemingly verging on extinct in the UK!
 Magyar Kutya
Basic User

Basic User
3/9/2015 4:54:04 PM reply with quote send message to Magyar Kutya Object to Post

Much as I hate to point out the obvious - a Crufts BIS almost always guarantees a rise in demand for that breed. Scotties are a breed in decline, strong willed and not for everyone. An untrimmed, ungroomed Scottie looks nothing like Knopa who won BIS and every puppy whatever the breed is appealing. I can see an influx of Scottish Terriers coming in from Eastern Europe into the UK to fulfil the demand for pups as the 'must have nows' will not want to wait on a breeders list for a puppy.

Replies in this thread : 2

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.