Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : oops
 Glittering
Basic User

System.__ComObject
3/29/2015 2:06:41 AM reply with quote send message to Glittering Object to Post   

Have just returned to show dog after a while. Been having a good time showing, breeding, even created a rare breed kennel.

Browsed the rules today and realised I had been inadvertently breaking the rules by using one kennel for breeding and another for showing the one breed.

So have moved all my showing and breeding dogs into the one kennel.

Now what does this kennel do ... a new breed or a new rare breed. Not sporting. Suggestions? I like occasional success in the ring.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/29/2015 5:54:53 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

If this isn't signed up as a rare breed account, I have a few suggestions.

Malamutes. They occasionally take BIS, I believe the top SOP is 96.3, but 95.5 seems to finish with ease. Litters are large, they take 35ish days to hit 20 for training. They are a fun, busy breed. They also have a pretty active breed update post. All of the breeders are super helpful and friendly!

Gordon Setters. They take BIS under Bruce Bass, but also take group and show placements under other judges. The top SOP is over 95 but I can't remember the exact number. 95.3 I think? But 94.6 is finishing with ease. Litters are typically around 8 puppies. They typically take 23ish days to hit 20 for training but some enter dogs before 20 days old. The breeders are all a pleasure to work with and will help you any way they can.

Borzois. They often take BIS, litters are usually around 8-9 puppies. They train about the same time as Gordon Setters. The breeders are also wonderful and are happy to help if they can.

Great Danes. They also often take BIS. Training time is about the same as Borzois and Gordon Setters. The breeders are happy to help if they are able and are friendly!

I am just joining Norfolk Terriers. Anything 92.1 and up should finish. Not sure of litter sizes or top sop though.

Siberian Huskies are fun. I don't know too much about their litters or SOP but I have shown a few and they can take BIS as well. The few breeders I have spoken with are very friendly.

Bearded Collies are another breed I am showing but don't know too much about. But the girl I am currently showing has been fun to show! Not sure about how high they place or litter info, but the breeders seem nice there too.

Labradors are also a fun breed to show. Again, I don't know too much about the breed, but I have shown a few. happy :)

Good luck in your search!

ETA: fixed the top Mal sop. Dang fingers laugh :D

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 3/30/2015 3:05:45 PM
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
3/29/2015 2:42:09 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Otterhounds or Bloodhounds?
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/29/2015 10:53:34 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

I second Malamutes, though I've seen as high as 96 in the SOP range, but it's not very common yet.

Also, Australian Cattle Dogs could use some new blood. I have a few dogs I could give you to start. Top SOP is in the low 93s, but low 92s still finish fairly easily.
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2015 12:27:10 AM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

Check out Bearded Collies. We have some AMAZING pups up for sale right now. Future Champions and Grandchampions in tiny little bundles.

Bearded Collies (#28 on Breed list) are a great breed with active friendly breeders. Current SOP is 91-92 with anything over about 91.40 finishing easily. (although I have a 91.00 who is STILL taking BIBs) Multiple Majors every night! We do occasionally take group placements as well.

Come join the fun... if you want an older dog, feel free to ask any one of us, we will help you find what you are looking for.

PS We are getting Picardy pictures! They are finished just waiting for them to be added to game!
 Almost Heaven
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2015 12:28:35 AM reply with quote send message to Almost Heaven Object to Post

PS Treestand had those number off by 1.. Mals are currently 95.5 to 96.3 happy :)
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2015 12:00:28 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Canaan dogs could use some help, and have tons of colors to play with if that interests you. I have some decent dogs up for sale from my other kennel, and would be willing to sell a brood or two to someone interested. I have taken group placements rarely with them, but I also rarely put handlers on since I was the only one showing for a while.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2015 3:05:10 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

posted by Almost Heaven
PS Treestand had those number off by 1.. Mals are currently 95.5 to 96.3 happy :)
That's what I get for typing at just before 4 am laugh :D
 CountryStrong Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
3/30/2015 9:24:38 PM reply with quote send message to CountryStrong Kennels Object to Post

posted by Treestand Kennel
posted by Almost Heaven
That's what I get for typing at just before 4 am laugh :D

Haha Treestand I do that alllll the time! XD I've forgotten real people time since I started working at a bar! Lol

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.