Search

.com Forum · General

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Question re: using symbols in names
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

System.__ComObject
4/10/2015 8:56:47 PM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post   

Hi,

I wanted to know if you can place a full stop ( . ) in the name when naming a dog on SD without it breaking the link or causing issues?

I have seen people use some symbols like asterix and hyphens etc - but wasn't sure about full stops. I know that using the 'and' ( & ) symbol in your kennel name causes issues - because this has caused an issue for me in the past. But I've never come across full stops in names.

If anyone could give me some insight that would be great happy :)
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2015 9:02:00 PM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

Thought I might add:

The reason I am asking is I have been running a breeding program in Anatolian Shepherds in this kennel to breed 10.0 in Head. I had this program running strongly years ago but I let it go the way side and now I am bringing them back. I spent a long time breeding my girls back to old studs in abandoned kennels and now have my dogs ranging from 90-91.5% SOP (the current top SOP in the breed is 92.5%) so I still have a way to go to get these '10.0' dogs up to show standard. I try to keep track of how 'strong' the trait is in my lines in this kennel by writing 'Gen10' or similar in the call name which means there are 10 dogs in the pedigree that have a 10.0. The difficulty now is that I always forget which dogs have a 10.0 in Head and I'm forever clicking on their names to see if they do indeed have that trait. I do have a list now - but I wanted to make it even easier by placing '10.0' in the dogs actual name.

Something like:

Aurora - Dark Knight - 10.0

as the name etc.
 Kievan Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/10/2015 9:02:59 PM reply with quote send message to Kievan Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13931638

Named after your model. Doesn't look like an issue!

eta changed the name now but yes, it works happy :)

-----
Last edited by Kievan Kennels on 4/11/2015 6:05:10 PM
 Kianya Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
4/11/2015 11:30:04 AM reply with quote send message to Kianya Kennels Object to Post

I've been naming my color breeding mals like this, www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13926591 and it's always been fine.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.