.com Forum · Alaskan Malamute

Replies in this thread : 34
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Makavelis
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2015 7:02:00 PM reply with quote send message to Makavelis Object to Post

I haven't been too active on the forums lately as I've been busy, but a little brag I had this nice boy the other day happy :) Can't wait to get him in the ring

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14025314

Lindsey
 SKL Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 1:19:22 PM reply with quote send message to SKL Kennel Object to Post

posted by Makavelis
I haven't been too active on the forums lately as I've been busy, but a little brag I had this nice boy the other day happy :) Can't wait to get him in the ring

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14025314

Lindsey

I am glad his sire has a few days before he gets there!! Congrats, and gogooluck with him!!!
 Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 2:54:29 PM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

Congrats on the new boy!

I have a girl looking for a home if anyone has some room?
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14022769
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 5:12:48 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Congrats on the handsome boy! Is that one our new highest SOP? Definitely the highest I have seen!
 Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 9:36:51 PM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

I believe it is not our highest SOP laugh :D
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/20/2015 10:02:53 PM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Congrats Makavelis! He's awesome ^^ right on par with my boy at a rating of 11.5 which puts him among the very highest rated dogs in the breed, well that I've rated anyway. happy :) He's also most likely the new highest SOP malamute as I have yet to see another dog that's higher. happy :) Should be interesting to see what he can do int the ring, and I hop[e you'll put him at stud too. happy :)

In other news:

Drakes Over the Moon is now at stud:

www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13953722

95.95%/96.4% adjusted SOP 19.1ss red and white, $100 11.15. Normally I'd price a dog with less than perfect showshine lower, but don't let his low showshine dissuade you; he's worth it. He's got a lot of potential as a stud. He's likely to pass his strong head and size on to his pups as well as that gorgeous temperament. He's got a high likelihood of passing on the high coat and feet as well as bringing overall balance. His weak HQ should come up easily with the right mate as this is not locked down. He also has been confirmed to have a long curve, which he can pass onto his pups.

Also Secret to Success is no longer available at stud as he finally went to join his buddies on the couch today. He has one last litter on the way to go out on.
 Makavelis
Basic User

Basic User
5/21/2015 2:32:04 AM reply with quote send message to Makavelis Object to Post

Of course he'll be up for stud Drake happy :)

In other news my first home bred Mal got his title tonight laugh :D
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13931866
 CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
5/21/2015 5:24:33 AM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

Congrats Makavelis! You've got some really nice dogs showing-it will be the first of many!

Alaskanmist-do tell!! Or do we have to wait to be surprised?

Drake-that is truly the end of an era-Secret was an amazing dog!

All quiet here-showing as much as I can and hoping for the big one to appear in the whelping box. happy :)
 Alaskanmist
Basic User

Basic User
5/21/2015 9:42:24 AM reply with quote send message to Alaskanmist Object to Post

Sorry that not was supposed to be a now. Didn't proof read my last post sad :(
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
5/21/2015 6:05:43 PM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

LOL-you had me trolling through the studs looking for a higher SOP! Too funny!

And I must have prayed to the right puppy gods because I had a litter today with 5 of the 9 puppies 96ers-so will be putting some more up for sale! Any bets on how long it is till our kennels only have 96ers-I'm guessing other than color projects and/or low SS breeding prospects...maybe two months? Crazy to contemplate!

This is the daddy of that litter-his first litter so hoping he turns out to be a great producer!
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=13948018

-----
Last edited by CS Astronomical on 5/21/2015 6:07:42 PM
 Makavelis
Basic User

Basic User
5/21/2015 8:48:05 PM reply with quote send message to Makavelis Object to Post

posted by CS Astronomical
LOL-you had me trolling through the studs looking for a higher SOP! Too funny!

^^^ haha I did the same thing too XD
 Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/22/2015 2:35:24 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Congrats on you first champion malamute Makavelis ^^, it's very impressive that he was finished all owner handled. I think in the future you might have an easier time with your dogs if you assign them handlers though, this is a highly competitive breed after all. Still you should be very proud. happy :)

Yes CS, it was hard to send him to the couch, but I really needed the space. There was no further reason to keep him intact anyway, his usefulness as a stud unfortunately ended quite awhile back. Hoping this last litter he has coming turns out well; would really like to have another of his pups out there in the ring. happy :)

Also, huge congrats on that litter CS! That's amazing, and the best litter I've seen hands down. o.o Will definitely have to use that boy sometime. Man, those pups are so tempting... why do people keep posting up such awesome dogs for sale? I'm so tempted, but I just can't. -.-'
Curses to me and my poor space management skills. Will need to be making more cuts soon-ish to be able to bring in new blood.

Oh and, some people may be at all 96ers in a couple months... maybe, but I know I won't be one of them. My turnover rate is quite a bit slower than most peoples, and my breeding program focuses on different things so tends not to produce higher SOPs like that at a significant rate. So I can imagine I'll still be rocking dogs with 95.7% SOP when everyone else has moved on to all 96%.

It's still no less impressive how fast SOP is improving in the breed. We are doing a great job supporting each others efforts as a community, and that's what keeps this breed so exciting. happy :)
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2015 7:43:35 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Oh, I know it will be a lot longer in practice-there will always be one with great traits and low SS, or other reasons, that has a place in my kennel. I just can't believe that I'm FHing 96 SOPs that don't sell-will be very curious to see the trait numbers at the end of the month!

Also wanted to throw out a huge congrats to the community-I just looked at the top mals for the month, and out of the top 15 there are 11 different breeders represented!!! Just goes to show how much of a community we are-we really seem to have a level playing field! Good luck to all, keep it up!
 SKL Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/28/2015 3:48:27 PM reply with quote send message to SKL Kennel Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Lots of nice puppies the past week... Too many!! I have lots of 96 and up available. Anything for sale by Gch SKL Shameless I am willing to accept lower offers if you will show them...so offer what you can, I don't want to FH them, and am trying to make him a Merit Sire.

He has produced very well,

96.45%
Two 96.4% puppies
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14044705
www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14044690
96.3%

And many more... I am reducing his stud fee to $25 for a short time... Good luck to those who have used him so far. I feel honored to have a dog doing well in such a competitive breed!!!

-----
Last edited by SKL Kennel on 5/28/2015 3:51:38 PM

Replies in this thread : 34
Page : 1 2
<< prev page next page >>

Did you know?
A specialty show may be regional or national. A "Best in Show" win at a national specialty show is tremendously prestigious, indicating that the winning dog or bitch triumphed at a contest which attracted entries from the most serious fanciers of that breed in the country or continent. Some specialty shows attract international entries.