Search

.com Forum · Off Topic Forum

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Does anyone on SD breed Guinea Pigs (Cavies) in RL?
 mournebrake
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/9/2015 4:50:24 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post   

I'm interested to correspond via email with anyone who breeds Cavies, anywhere in the world, pets or pedigree.
 Kovert
Basic User

Basic User
5/9/2015 7:31:55 PM reply with quote send message to Kovert Object to Post

I looked into raising them for pet food but they didn't meet my needs.

I know on showrabbits.com there are people who breed cavies in real life. happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/11/2015 4:41:08 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

posted by Kovert
I looked into raising them for pet food but they didn't meet my needs.

Really?
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
6/6/2015 9:50:58 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I have a friend who lives in QLD, Australia who breeds them for show - I can pass your email address on to her if you like?

(send me a PM) happy :)
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2015 4:21:02 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I feed my dogs a raw diet, so I am always looking into ways of raising my own meat for them and eventually us. Someone had suggested raising guinea pigs for pet food, but from everything I saw, it won't work for us and the cat thinks anything but a few varietys of kibble is to be avoided at all costs. laugh :D

My best friend had the piggies growing up, but their neighbor's GSP always got into the pig hutch and ate them. Every one they had was so mean and would bite, so I got turned off of them really quickly. lol

Do you have any pigs now, or are you looking into getting them?
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/8/2015 6:38:43 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I keep Guinea Pigs, and can honestly say have never had one bite, they are the most endearing pets, great for kids but they don't have great resilience to scours or pneumonia, both of which will kill them very quickly. I've just bought a hairless 'skinny pig' to join the hairy pigs.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/10/2015 5:13:02 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

You have to post pictures!!

My daughter and I are trying to convince my husband to let us get a rabbit (as a pet). I took her to the pet store to look at the animals but she kept going back to the rabbits and really liked the larger rabbits (that's my girl!!). So we went to the shelter to look at the available rabbits and fell in love with a 7 month old but he was adopted a few weeks ago. We will have the perfect rabbit available when daddy agrees we can get one. happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/11/2015 5:58:16 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

Do you have Continental Giants (rabbits) in USA? They are like dogs, can be housetrained to use a litter box and are big, very big.

How do I post pictures?

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class