Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 7

Author Topic : Caucasian Ovcharka Puppy
 FallenStarz
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/13/2015 7:23:50 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post   

Well, my new baby got here on Saturday from her breeders and I'm already in love. The other dogs adore her and she's such a doll, she's so smart it's a little crazy, but fun! So far she reliably goes to the door to be taken outside and listens to a couple cues. There's a lot of plans for her future ahah.

"Sparrow" happy :)

Hatter was shown at the Louisville KY Cluster and did awesome for his first show, even bringing home a ribbon. He showed very well for his handler and was very well behaved, nothing stresses this boy out. Can't wait to see him back in the ring, no plans set in stone yet, but soon! We'll be signing up for agility and more advanced obedience classes soon, so there's lots going on.

Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 1:39:29 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

Sparrow is adorable!!

Congrats on Hatter!! There are some gorgeous pups! happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 4:27:22 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I'm in love with Sparrow!

If my memory serves me correct you use to have an Anatolian yeah? happy :) Jazz?

Drake Creek Meadows
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 4:44:38 AM reply with quote send message to Drake Creek Meadows Object to Post

Aw how cute, I love Caucasians, congrats on your new pup and on hatter. happy :)

One question though, are you experienced with handling this breed? In the wrong hands they can be very dangerous as adults; I know some horror stories. Though properly socialized they can be wonderful dogs. I'm not doubting your abilities by the way, I'm just curious.
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 10:34:58 AM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Yes, I used to have Jazz the Anatolian. He was put to sleep last March at 17 years old due to congestive heart failure. I miss him every day.

And yes, I'm fully equipped to handle Sparrow as an adult happy :) Her wonderful breeder wouldn't have sold her to me if I wasn't and didn't have an in-depth plan for socialization and training.

Purchasing Sparrow wasn't an overnight thing and the picking the breed wasn't an easy or quick decision.
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 1:37:25 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

I'm sorry to hear about Jzz, what an incredible age for a large breed. Good luck with Sparrow, can't wait to see more photos.
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 11:04:16 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

How old is your boy Hatter? Of love to keep seeing updates on him and his show success happy :)
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
5/15/2015 1:41:24 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Hatter is 16 months old happy :)

Replies in this thread : 7

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.