Search

.com Forum · Beginner Forum

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Best food for show puppies and adults! SOP help!
 purgitory
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/14/2015 12:23:25 PM reply with quote send message to purgitory Object to Post   

So new figured out most of every thing just needed info on foods. i read that 1777 on mixing your own food for puppies is good but what about adults. what store brand or mix is the best for show adults. dose any one have a link to info on how to read and use sop stats. Iv read a little hear and there but nothing that has really helped. thanks
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 1:26:31 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

A 1777 Puppy Custom should if you session each day get Condition to 20 by day 14 when you need to switch to adult. At this time you can switch to Pet House for Show dogs as long as you continue to session obedience, muscle and coat up to 20. Once at 20 feeding Pet House for show dogs will keep all those figures at 20 without further sessioning.
 Devlon Pride
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 5:19:39 PM reply with quote send message to Devlon Pride Object to Post

posted by mournebrake
A 1777 Puppy Custom should if you session each day get Condition to 20 by day 14 when you need to switch to adult. At this time you can switch to Pet House for Show dogs as long as you continue to session obedience, muscle and coat up to 20. Once at 20 feeding Pet House for show dogs will keep all those figures at 20 without further sessioning.
Thanks for all the info..
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
5/14/2015 11:02:03 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

What I do is put my puppies on a 1777 and for most of my breeds they reach all 20 by age 14 but if they don't, I put them on put house for adult dogs and session them as I did so before. I find that none of the standard foods help the conditioned numbers in significant detail.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
A conformation dog show is not a comparison of one dog to another but a comparison of each dog to a judge's mental image of the ideal breed type as outlined in the individual breed's breed standard.