Search

.com Forum · Real Show Dogs

Replies in this thread : 4

Author Topic : My dog
 country k9 dog kennel
Premium Member

System.__ComObject
5/18/2015 9:22:14 AM reply with quote send message to country k9 dog kennel Object to Post   

Well, yesterday was my birthday, and my 13 pound yorkie decided for a birthday present he was going to fail novice again. I've been trying for a year to get his CD title,at three different shows(he always fails the first day so we have to enter him both). We were almost there, yesterday we should've gotten our title, it was going so well, he did everything great, he moved a tiny bit on the stand and a crooked recall, but we qualified, but then we had stays. he did a great down. The sits were going great until one of the border collies next to us got up and started sniffing him, my dog stayed and then decided to get up and sniff him. The judge let us redo the sit because it wasn't my dogs fault he got up. So we redid the sit, with ten seconds left he decide to down. So we failed. Everyone around the ring you could hear awing as he laid down. Even the judge was said she was sorry(i had her both days). I guess we'll try to get it another show
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2015 11:48:14 AM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post

Oh no! Sorry he's being a pill! Good luck in your next trial!! happy :)
 Tizzy Too
Basic User

Basic User
5/18/2015 9:30:51 PM reply with quote send message to Tizzy Too Object to Post

Have you considered Rally instead? It's more interactive and challenging than regular obedience and many dogs thrive on the variety and feedback who just "turn off" in conventional obedience.
 country k9 dog kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
5/18/2015 9:36:23 PM reply with quote send message to country k9 dog kennel Object to Post

Thanks,were going to need a lot of luck to finish our title. And yes we have been doing rally, we are already in excellent.
 Super Uber Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 1:41:04 AM reply with quote send message to Super Uber Kennels Object to Post

Kudos to you for showing your yorkie in obedience! I've only ever seen one showing in obedience where I live, but I always enjoy seeing breeds you don't normally see in the obedience ring.

When I was having issues with my pointer in the Open ring, someone once suggested to me to sign up for the fun match the day before you sign up for the class. That way, you can do a run-thru in the ring before the real deal. Maybe that will help?

Good luck with your little one. You'll can do it. Don't give up!

Replies in this thread : 4

Did you know?
An obedience trial is a dog sport in which a dog must perfectly execute a predefined set of tasks when directed to do so by his handler