Search

.com Forum · Caucasian Mountain Dog

Replies in this thread : 14

Author Topic : CMD Breeder Introductions
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/19/2015 8:26:38 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hey all happy :)

I thought it would be nice to have a thread in our breed forum where all the current and new breeders can introduce themselves. We seem to have a few new kennels or family accounts that are active in the breed which is great. I'm also always hoping to get new players to join our awesome breed too happy :)

Feel free to post anything you'd like, or you could also use this form too: happy :)

Kennel name:
Where does your Kennel Name come from?
Other Premium/Family kennels:
How long have you been in the breed?
How long have you been playing ShowDog?
Which country do you hail from?
What projects are you working on in CMDs?
What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL?

Hope we all have fun getting to know each other happy :) Especially since we're all working on improving the same breed happy :)

-----
Last edited by Quileute Legends on 5/19/2015 8:37:26 PM
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 8:32:54 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

I'll start happy :)

Kennel name: Quileute Legends

Other Premium/Family kennels: I have 1 Family account and 1 basic: Dalkeith (finishing kennel), Ariege and Northern Lightz (Anatolian Shepherds), Rijbakluva (basic) and Chaos and Havoc (Azawakhs)

Where does your kennel name come from? Hahaa, Quileute Legends is actually a link to my 'Twilight' series obsession :P I have always been interested in Native American tribes, history and culture and the Quileutes are a tribe that features in the Twilight series. Im also a Jacob Black fan too :P

How long have you been in the breed? I joined the breed back in January 2014 happy :)

How long have you been playing ShowDog? I've been obsessed (hahaa!) with SD for the past 9 years. I have spent some time away from the game, but it has always been something that I end up coming back to in the end ... perhaps I am in denial about this addiction? :P

Which country do you hail from? I'm all the way DownUnder in the great land of Australia happy :) Its currently Autumn which means lots of wind and rain lately - which equals more SD time lol!

What projects are you working on in CMDs? I am currently working on improving the SOP of CMDs, also trying to cut out a lot of the 'light blue' traits, as well as showing a lot of dogs. I also have a 'Coat' and 'Size' breeding project happening at the moment.

What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? In RL I have two fantastic Rhodesian Ridgebacks who are the loves of my life happy :)

-----
Last edited by Quileute Legends on 5/19/2015 8:39:11 PM
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 8:36:46 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Would love to hear input from every CMD breeder: happy :)

Champions-True-Kennel

Cwn Bach Arbennig Cymru

Pangaea Kennels

Rozlyn

SC Pride

Urso

WarmWaterKennels

Zephyrs Joy

Look forward to hearing from you all happy :)
 Urso
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 9:07:59 PM reply with quote send message to Urso Object to Post

Kennel name: Urso

Where does your Kennel Name come from? Ursa is bear in Latin, so I made it feel a lil more masculine sounding for a character I made. Bear name for bear-like dogs happy :).

Other Premium/Family kennels: Lots to list, they're all on my kennel page lol.

How long have you been in the breed? Since early 2013, I left for a bit due to money issue with all my family accounts lol. I just came back in Feb(? I think).

How long have you been playing ShowDog? On and off a couple times since late 2003.

Which country do you hail from? Canada, but going to be moving to the US soon.

What projects are you working on in CMDs? Mostly just raising SOPs, darkening the light blues. Also trying to keep the colours we have and not just Grey Pied Masked :P.

What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? I currently have a 8 year old female German Shepherd/Coonhound mix named Dasha. I'm going to have to leave her with my dad when I move though (for her best) sad :(.
 Champions-true-kennel
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 9:18:08 PM reply with quote send message to Champions-true-kennel Object to Post

I need to check the fours more! haha

Kennel name: Champions-true-kennel

Where does your Kennel Name come from? well i think i was 12-13 when i made this, so i really cant remember that far back haha, i honestly wish i could change it, haha oh well

Other Premium/Family kennels: Bellissimo is the only kennel i keep up with currently

How long have you been in the breed? for a few months now!

How long have you been playing ShowDog? on and off for the last seven years i believe, i had lost this kennels login for a while so i was excited to finally get back in haha

Which country do you hail from? The United states!

What projects are you working on in CMDs? A merit for blue suede shoes! =)

What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? Iv got two border collies and an Aussie. Ill have to upload pics of the new border i got in march, he's a doll baby. happy :) I compete in agility with the two older dogs and have done breed only with the borders. The new pup comes from Australian lines that i have admired for years so iv got big plans for him happy :)
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
7/28/2015 7:30:54 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Bumping this post as we have some new players on board in the breed happy :) Please feel free to introduce yourself here happy :)

Would love to hear from:

Cwn Bach Arbennig Cymru

Rozlyn

Blaidd Drwg Caucasians

Pammacs3

Raukkus13

Simbirsk

Zoomies

laugh :D
 Simbirsk
Basic User

Basic User
7/29/2015 5:52:05 PM reply with quote send message to Simbirsk Object to Post

Kennel name:
Simbirsk

An old city in Russia, I liked the way it sounded. It was a place of big dreams.

Farasan - Afghan Hound
Tabriz - Bedlington Terrier
Absolut - Dogo Argentino
Volta - English Toy Spaniel and Lagotto Romagnolo

Since 2008 when the breed was added to SD. I was not active for the past year or so with RL in the way.

Since 2003.

USA

Improving SOP, with focus on size and coat.

Two Dogo Argentinos.

-----
Last edited by Simbirsk on 7/29/2015 5:52:28 PM
 pammacs3
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2015 3:51:39 PM reply with quote send message to pammacs3 Object to Post

Sorry,
I haven't checked the forum in the past few weeks,
so here is my introduction:
Kennel name: Molosseum (pammacs3 is just an account name, it would be a pretty bad kennel name anyway)
And from the name, some of you might already know, Im not really new to this game. I have just recently came back, after I had left the game a few years ago.
Where does your Kennel Name come from... I had a family account and i have tried to organize them thematically, and this one was for the molosser types
Other Premium/Family kennels: pammacs1-5 happy :)
or with kennel names: Polarpoint (sledge dogs), Goldenhill (shepherd), Molosseum, Bearcub (originally toy breeds, now keeshonds) and Royalracer (greyhounds)
How long have you been in the breed ... the first litter of CMDs was born 8/5/2010 in the Colosseum kennel.
Im not sure when did I leave exactly, but I came back a few month ago.
Which country do you hail from? Hungary
Im not sure about the rest of the world but CMD is a pretty common breed here happy :)
What projects are you working on in CMDs? SOP
A shih-tzu and a german shepherd who can play the role of a CMD any time laugh :D but that is a long story
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2015 6:14:25 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Thanks so much for everyones responses so far - it's great to hear from you all laugh :D

Feel free to share pictures of your RL dogs - I'd especially love to see pics of your Dogo's Simbirsk happy :)

Here in Australia Dogo's and CMD's are VERY rare - I've only met 1 Dogo in RL and have never met a CMD (I'm not even sure if we have ANY CMD here lol).

Dogo's are a restricted breed here - and the one I met was imported to Australia under the breed name of a 'White Boxer' - the lady who owned her said she'd never have been able to get her Dogo into Australia otherwise.
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2015 6:16:42 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Would still love to hear from

Cwn Bach Arbennig Cymru
Rozlyn
Blaidd Drwg Caucasians
Zoomies
Blitz Kennel
iDrool
MudBug Kennels

laugh :D
 Blaidd Drwg Caucasians
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2015 6:27:01 PM reply with quote send message to Blaidd Drwg Caucasians Object to Post

Kennel name:
Where does your Kennel Name come from? Doctor Who! Lol It seemed fitting though.

Other Premium/Family kennels:FallenStarz, afterfire, Practically Perfect, Effervescence, Originality, Blaidd Drwg, Grand Blanc, In The Ghetto, Kitties Of Doom, Picturesque, Revival and Sparrow Sighthounds

Couple months

Since 2003
USA
Overall sop

1 Bronze Wing Pionus
1 High Red Yellow Sided Green Cheek Conure
1 Quaker Parrot

Enough cats to build a small army

3 Border Collies, 1 Great Pyrenees, 1 Pomeranian, 1 Chihuahua and a Caucasian Ovcharka puppy.

Picture of my baby girl, Sparrow.

Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2015 6:33:25 PM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

Fallen - is your farm open for visitors? Hahaa - I love how your list of pets just goes on and on :P

Thanks very much for your input laugh :D
 Blaidd Drwg Caucasians
Basic User

Basic User
8/29/2015 6:33:55 PM reply with quote send message to Blaidd Drwg Caucasians Object to Post

posted by Quileute Legends
Fallen - is your farm open for visitors? Hahaa - I love how your list of pets just goes on and on :P

Thanks very much for your input laugh :D

Bahahaha! For you? Sure!
 Cwn Bach Arbennig Cymru
Basic User

Basic User
8/30/2015 3:52:16 PM reply with quote send message to Cwn Bach Arbennig Cymru Object to Post

Kennel name:
Cwn Bach Arbennig Cymru

I started the kennel to colour breed cardigan Corgis, the name means Little dogs of Wales - in Welsh.

Too many to list, breeds include BMD, Great Dane, Chinese Crested, Borzoi, Labradors and Siberian Husky though there are more!

Since I think about Nov 2014.

Since 2005.

UK

Basically just improving overall SOP, though do have an interest in widening the colour range as well.

I have 2 BMD boys, one I show and 1 who is a pet, plus a cat.
 Blitz Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/31/2015 9:36:16 AM reply with quote send message to Blitz Kennel Object to Post

Kennel Name:
Blitz Kennel

It's from an American Football team's mascot. Seahawks!

Other Premium/Family kennels: Treestand Kennel, Tenacity Kennel, Gravedigger Kennel, Backwoods Kennel, and my wonderful friend has allowed me to play with one of her kennels, HotSauce happy :)

Just a few days. laugh :D

I originally started January 2005 and played until 2009 and came back a few times between then but couldn't subscribe. I finally came home February 2014, resubscribed in August 2014 because I wanted to breed Gordon Setters and I had a bunch of birthday money burning a hole in my pocket. Then at the end of July I asked for a family subscription from my grandma and she bought it for me! happy :)

United States happy :)

Nothing yet. laugh :D

I have two mutts, Tank and Calvin, one cat, Tilly, and two kids. Oh! And a husband. laugh :D

I have a few puppies training for the ring and I am finishing a dog for a friend. I cannot wait to jump into the breed! happy :)

Replies in this thread : 14

Did you know?
A specialty show is a dog show which reviews a single breed, unlike other dog shows, particularly conformation shows, which are generally referred to as "all-breed" because they are open to all breeds recognized by the sponsoring kennel club.