Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Anatolian Shepherd Breeder Introductions
 Ariege
Basic User

System.__ComObject
5/19/2015 8:56:20 PM reply with quote send message to Ariege Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

Hey all happy :)

I thought it would be nice to have a thread in our breed forum where all the current and new breeders can introduce themselves.

We seem to have lost some kennels recently which is very sad as this breed is the most interesting breed I have ever worked with!

I'm hoping to get new players to join our awesome breed in the future happy :)

Feel free to post anything you'd like, or you could also use this form too: happy :)

Kennel name:
Where does your Kennel Name come from?
Other Premium/Family kennels:
How long have you been in the breed?
How long have you been playing ShowDog?
Which country do you hail from?
What projects are you working on in Anatolians?
What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL?

Hope we all have fun getting to know each other happy :) Especially since we're all working on improving the same breed happy :)

-----
Last edited by Ariege on 5/19/2015 9:14:47 PM
 Ariege
Basic User

Basic User
5/19/2015 9:13:15 PM reply with quote send message to Ariege Object to Post

I'll start happy :)

Kennel name: Ariege and Northern Lightz
Where does your Kennel Name come from? 'Ariege' is actually from the breed name Ariege Pointer - a French dog. I just love the sound of the name happy :)

Northern Lightz came from my interest in the stunning Northern Lights that occur happy :)

Other Premium/Family kennels: I have 1 family account and one basic:

Dalkeith (finishing kennel)
Ariege and Northern Lightz (Anatolians)
Chaos and Havoc (Azawakhs)
Quileute Legends (CMDs)
Rijbakluva (Basic)

How long have you been in the breed? This kennel (Ariege) started focusing on Anatolians in January 2014, however I have been involved in Anatolians on and off for the past 9 years happy :)

Northern Lightz only recently started focusing on this breed a few months ago after I struggled to find another breed that I really enjoyed. Northern Lightz had previously been involved in Dogo Argentino's and English Setters.

How long have you been playing ShowDog? On and off for 9 years (although mostly on lol!) :P

Which country do you hail from? I'm in the Land of Oz :P (Australia)

What projects are you working on in Anatolians? In this kennel (Ariege) I am mostly working on improving SOP, showing a LOT, and working on Gait. In Northern Lightz I am bringing back the '10.0' in Temp that I had previously bred into my old lines years ago.

What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? In RL I am owned by my two favourite boys: a 6 month old Rhodesian Ridgeback and a almost 2 year old Rhodesian Ridgeback happy :) They are the absolute loves of my life happy :)
 CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
5/25/2015 9:22:03 AM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

Kennel name: CS Riverflow
Where does your Kennel Name come from? CirclingSky is my kennel tag, Riverflow because I wanted a nature theme based on water for this kennel.
Other Premium/Family kennels: CirclingSky (Kooikers, Papillons and one malamute color brood), CS Animalia (Canaan dogs), CS Bauhinia (Cavaliers), CS Astronomical (malamutes)
How long have you been in the breed? 11 years minus a nine year break-returned in Jan 2015
How long have you been playing ShowDog? ditto
Which country do you hail from? USA
What projects are you working on in Anatolians? Raising overall SOP, getting all traits blue, was color breeding but all are hidden right now by brindle.
What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? A lab, an Aussie and a cat.
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2015 4:01:35 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Kennel name:FallenStarz

Where does your Kennel Name come from? No idea.

Other Premium/Family kennels: None

How long have you been in the breed? Started in 2003 under the name Afterfire, have taken multiple breaks and am back again.

How long have you been playing ShowDog? December 2003

Which country do you hail from? USA

What projects are you working on in Anatolians? None right now.

What dogs (or other pets) do you have in RL? 3 Border Collies, 1 Great Pyrenees, 1 Pomeranian, 1 longcoat chihuahua and a Caucasian Ovcharka puppy. Also have 8 rescue cats, 2 Green Cheek Conures and a Bronze Wing Pionus.
 Ariege
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2015 5:26:25 PM reply with quote send message to Ariege Object to Post

So nice to have you back on board, Fallen!

As per my PM, I'm happy to set you up with some broods, studs, showable pups etc happy :)

Just let me know happy :)

And wow - thats a lot of dogs! Hahaa :P
 CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2015 6:39:19 PM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

Welcome back! I remember that you helped get me started in Anatolians way back when I was a newbie!

I also am more than happy to part with some broods and/or pups, depending on what you are looking for. I have a bunch of litters due this week so check back-I haven't been listing much for sale lately but will be sure to do so now.

Great to have you back!!
 FallenStarz
Basic User

Basic User
5/26/2015 8:23:40 PM reply with quote send message to FallenStarz Object to Post

Feel free to message me with anything you're willing to give up in terms of broodies or showables happy :)

And yep! Lots of dogs, it's busy here ALL the time haha. Right now I'm in the process of weaning an orphaned feral kitten, so bottle feeding still but hopefully soon he'll be on 100% wet so I'll get a little more sleep at night and it'll be a little less demand on me. Luckily he has a home to go to in 4-5 weeks, after he's fully vetted and completely weaned.

CS Riverflow
Basic User

Basic User
5/27/2015 4:08:13 AM reply with quote send message to CS Riverflow Object to Post

Message sent! And thanks for the cuteness overload!! lucky kitten...I am familiar with foster failure-always nice to have a good home lined up!
 Northern Lightz
Basic User

Basic User
7/9/2015 8:55:58 PM reply with quote send message to Northern Lightz Object to Post

bump

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
The two largest American dog shows after Westminster are the National Dog Show (which is televised on Thanksgiving Day by NBC, usually after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade) and the AKC/Eukanuba National Championship.