Search

.com Forum · Obedience Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Our first show
 SmokeJumper Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/3/2015 11:46:31 AM reply with quote send message to SmokeJumper Kennel Object to Post   

Last night was out first obedience show and my boy took 4 points and showed up on the qualifying scores page!

www.showdog.com/shows/obedience/obedience_results__novice_class.aspx?show=6/3/2015%20Showdog%20Obedience%20Trial&class=Novice+B

He has 20s in the top line except for Long Down, that is only 9 but will be 20 tonight. Mournebrake explained to me that the first three shows he would be confused in anyways, so we are getting the first three confused shows out of the way. happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/3/2015 1:33:53 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

He only dropped 8.5 points and Q'd in his first show!!! That is pretty much unheard of.
He should Q tomorrow and Friday and complete his CD title on Friday at this rate. I'd concentrate now on his second set of exercises.
Remember he'll move straight up to Open after Friday and unless he's trained in the Open exercises he won't Q, so my suggestion would be to give him a rest from competition whilst you train him up and enter him again when he's on 18's for his second set of 5 exercises!

Very well done! I love to see Borzois in obedience.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/3/2015 2:06:57 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I'm going to get him to all 20s for his Long Down and then I'm going to work on his next row. I was planning to pull him from obedience shows once he gets his .... CD? and then continue sessioning the second row. happy :)

Wouldn't have done so well without your guidance Mournebrake!! happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/3/2015 5:33:18 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

You won't need to get him trained any more for first 5 exercises - he's so damn well trained you could just drive to the show car park, chuck him out and leave him to compete without you handling him!!

Honestly just concentrate on next 5 exercises now, he's amazing!! Very well done !!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 1:50:23 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

He has been an awesome boy, that's for sure. Got his GCH somewhere around 118-120 days old (talk about a nail biter!!), has thrown some good puppies, and now is training quickly for obedience. He is definitely going on the retirement couch when he stops being my stud dog. happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/4/2015 7:22:33 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

He Q'd only dropping 5 points today - I think congrats will be in order tomorrow!!

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.