Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 11

Author Topic : Simple Food Suggestion - Is poll needed?
 OTT Mournebrake
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/21/2015 6:07:35 AM reply with quote send message to OTT Mournebrake Object to Post   

I think we need the default puppy food revising - Why are our puppies (in basic kennels or Premium kennels with no ration automatically set) automatically placed on an adult ration? This makes no sense. Lets have our puppies defaulting to Old Boy Puppy Formula rather than Old Boy Generic Adult.

I do know that having them on an adult ration affects their traits and so we are encouraged to check every litter as it pops out and change their feed BUT not everyone can log in daily, sometimes we forget we have a new litter, sometimes we log in to session only and don't see the new litter and whatever the reason two days can make a fair difference in trait levels falling if it takes that long to change their feeds.

Would everyone be happy with the default feed being set to a puppy ration rather than an adult ration? Or do we need a Poll?
 bryerwood kennel
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/21/2015 6:19:32 AM reply with quote send message to bryerwood kennel Object to Post

I'm not sure if this is what you mean but premium accounts can set a puppy ration before the puppies are born. The 'set puppy ration' link is under account tools on the 'my account' tab.
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
6/21/2015 6:26:09 AM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I'm not sure I understand your request?

Like the user said above me - if you click on 'My Account' and then scroll down you can click on 'Set Puppy Ration' and then you can choose which ration your puppies will be fed when they are born.

Once you have selected this - it will then put ALL future puppies onto that food unless you decide to change it.

Is this what you are after?
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/21/2015 2:24:07 PM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

No - I obviously didn't explain well enough - sorry.

The default food for puppies is Old Boy Generic Adult (ie an ADULT ration) what I'm proposing to ask for is the default setting to be changed to a PUPPY ration ie Old Boy Puppy Formula.

I know on your kennel page you can choose a set ration for your litters. That's not in question.

All I want is the default ration for new litters to be a puppy ration, not an adult ration as it is now.
 Gypsy Wind Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
6/21/2015 2:57:00 PM reply with quote send message to Gypsy Wind Kennels Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

You can set the default ration for new litters to whatever you want it to be. Before theyre born. Which is exactly what youre asking for. So that way you dont have to change their feed after theyre born, theyre already on puppy feed.

-----
Last edited by Gypsy Wind Kennels on 6/21/2015 3:00:57 PM
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
6/21/2015 6:04:57 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

I'm still not getting the difference?

We've just explained that you can set your own puppy ration yourself - so why is there a need to change the current automatic setting if you can change it yourself? happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/21/2015 9:58:42 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

this post has been edited 2 time(s)

I think that the point is that this hits new folks the hardest. They often do not have a clue about setting defaults and when they breed their first litter the pups are put on the very, very worst ration possible - adult OB for puppies!

I would rather see the defaults PetHouse puppy or adult as is appropriate. New folks have enough to absorb without getting lead astray because the 'system' starts them off wrong.

It's not so much that they can or can't change it, but it is wrong from the beginning. At the very least, it needs to be a puppy formula for a puppy even if it is OB.

-----
Last edited by gaylanstudio on 6/21/2015 10:02:52 PM
 Quileute Legends
Basic User

Basic User
6/22/2015 7:28:40 AM reply with quote send message to Quileute Legends Object to Post

I get the point now happy :) Hahaa - took me a while.

I spose I just don't see it as a big enough concern to raise. I think there are other suggestions/ideas that should be implemented sooner. happy :)
 Passion Storm
Basic User

Basic User
6/22/2015 12:45:30 PM reply with quote send message to Passion Storm Object to Post

I agree with Quileute Legends, plus it is mentioned in the help section under 'feeding your dogs' that newborn puppies will be on old boy adult unless the user selects another ration, so users should already be aware of this.
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
6/22/2015 3:28:18 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

I would agree that there are bigger issues, however I really do believe that this should be a VERY simple correction - a simple change in one line of code to replace "Old Boy Adult" with "Something Puppy". (And I still think it should be something better than OB.)

I believe that this has been there since that bit of code was first written and I highly suspect it was an unintentional error/typo back then, it's just never been brought up before.
 OTT Mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/22/2015 6:54:09 PM reply with quote send message to OTT Mournebrake Object to Post

posted by gaylanstudio
I think that the point is that this hits new folks the hardest. They often do not have a clue about setting defaults and when they breed their first litter the pups are put on the very, very worst ration possible - adult OB for puppies!

I would rather see the defaults PetHouse puppy or adult as is appropriate. New folks have enough to absorb without getting lead astray because the 'system' starts them off wrong.

It's not so much that they can or can't change it, but it is wrong from the beginning. At the very least, it needs to be a puppy formula for a puppy even if it is OB.

Glad someone understands
 OTT Mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
6/22/2015 7:00:12 PM reply with quote send message to OTT Mournebrake Object to Post

Obviously all the long term players understand that they can set rations, but I read lots of posts from newbies asking why their puppies are losing condition.

I just think it's plain straightforward and simple to have the game default set to a puppy ration for new litters.

Replies in this thread : 11

Did you know?
The figure 8 exercise requires the team to heel in a figure 8 pattern either on or off leash. Generally two of the ring stewards will assist the judge with this exercise by acting as "posts", standing 8 feet apart, that the team walks around to form the loops of the figure 8.