Search

.com Forum · Banner Making Forum

Replies in this thread : 5

Author Topic : Couple questions about this board
 Mel818
Basic User

System.__ComObject
6/30/2015 3:46:47 PM reply with quote send message to Mel818 Object to Post   

New user here, just a quick question. When someone makes a banner you like how do you pay them?? Through paypal or with the game money it provides for you??? Thanks in advance everyone!

Mel
 iBark
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 5:13:19 PM reply with quote send message to iBark Object to Post

Most people pay in the form of a set amount being placed in a show as a payout, but I have also known people to charge a direct fee and facilitate the exchange by selling a forever-home-bound dog for the agreed price.
 BeauBlanc
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 5:38:49 PM reply with quote send message to BeauBlanc Object to Post

I've been here for quite a long time and although I haven't bee very active recently, I've never heard of paying through a show payout as being the 'norm.'

Most people pay directly at a set price (for normal banners usually in the $100-$300 range) by purchasing a low quality dog from the banner maker. happy :)
 Dalkeith
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 9:00:47 PM reply with quote send message to Dalkeith Object to Post

Mel818 - I am a banner maker and the best/main option of payment is the Banner Maker will select a dog on SD in their kennel that they no longer need/want (whether it be an adult or puppy) and they will place it up for sale on approval for the discussed amount. The banner purchaser will then place an offer which the BM will accept and payment is made through this transaction.

The banner purchaser usually then just Forever Homes the dog afterwards happy :)

Hope this helps - if you have any other questions please feel free to ask happy :)

No real life money should ever be exchanged for a banner that is made strictly for ShowDog.com purposes.
 Mel818
Basic User

Basic User
6/30/2015 9:23:10 PM reply with quote send message to Mel818 Object to Post

Perfect thanks everyone! happy :)
 mournebrake
Basic User

Basic User
7/1/2015 4:39:57 AM reply with quote send message to mournebrake Object to Post

posted by iBark
Most people pay in the form of a set amount being placed in a show as a payout
I've never heard of this method, it's usually via a 'payment pup', however banner makers are kind people and offer free banners sometimes.

Replies in this thread : 5

Did you know?
The third obedience title is a UD, or "Utility Dog", which is earned through competition in the Utility obedience class