Search

.com Forum · Canaan Dog

Replies in this thread : 3

Author Topic : Current Canaan Colors
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/15/2015 4:39:11 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post   

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

I know you guys have been posting your colors, but I have to see the colors all together. I couldn't sleep, so I went through CS Animalia, CirclingSky, KodachromeCanaans, Lany, Top Dog The K9 Place, and TreeHouse Kennel to see all of the colors everyone has.

I broke them up between Long Coats and Short Coats. I will try to keep an eye out for new colors when you guys post them, so I can update this. happy :)

Please bear with any typos.

Long Coat
Black (Long Coat)
Black and White Long Coat
Black and White Ticked Long Coat
Black Tricolor Long Coat
Black Tricolor Ticked Long Coat
Cream Long Coat
Cream and White Long Coat
Gold Long Coat
Gold Long Coat Liver Pigmented
Gold and White Long Coat
Liver Long Coat
Sand Long Coat
Sand and White Ticked Long Coat
White Long Coat
White Long Coat Liver Pigmented
White and Black Ticked Long Coat
White and Cream Long Coat
White and Cream Ticked Long Coat
White and Gold Long Coat
White and Sand Long Coat Liver Pigmented
White and Sand Ticked Long Coat

Short Coat
Black
Black and Tan
Black and White
Black and White Ticked
Black Tricolor
Black Tricolor Ticked
Cream
Cream Liver Pigmented
Cream and White
Cream and White Ticked
Gold
Gold Liver Pigmented
Gold and White
Gold and White Ticked
Liver
Liver and Tan
Liver and White
Liver and White Ticked
Sand
Sand Liver Pigmented
Sand and White
Sand and White Ticked
Sand and White Ticked Liver Pigmented
White
White and Black
White and Black Ticked
White and Cream Liver Pigmented
White and Cream Ticked
White and Gold Ticked Lived Pigmented
White and Liver Ticked
White and Sand Ticked
White and Sand Ticked Liver Pigmented
White, Black, and Tan Ticked
White, Liver, and Tan
White, Liver, and Tan Ticked

-----
Last edited by Treestand Kennel on 8/16/2015 12:12:04 PM
 CS Astronomical
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2015 6:30:16 AM reply with quote send message to CS Astronomical Object to Post

Wow thanks! Did you dream of counting Canaans once you finally fell asleep? So that is just more than 50 of the 102 colors available (if I remember correctly).

Is anyone interested in trying to mark the possible genes in the call names of the dogs? I have to admit I still do not know how the genes all fit together-gold and sand in particular are throwing me-is it a double dilute??...but I get the black (solid), the liver, the bicolor and tricolors, and the color and white/white and color/white color and tan. and of course the ticking and the long coats. I don't mind either way, because I like just breeding two and seeing what comes out, but if anyone is specifically trying to produce it might be easier to not have to go through pedigrees and offspring for each stud to see what they might carry. What are your thoughts??
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2015 10:27:06 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

When you say mark the genes, do you mean the letter combos that define the colors? Because if that's the case, I have no idea how to figure out which letters to pick. laugh :D
 Lany
Basic User

Basic User
8/15/2015 2:23:00 PM reply with quote send message to Lany Object to Post

I've looked at the code some and a lot of it just doesn't make sense. I can try to look at it more next weekend, when I'll be housebound with a dog recovering from surgery.

Unticked is pretty straightforward as long as the dog has some amount of white. Solids you'd need to breed a time or two to find out.

Replies in this thread : 3

Did you know?
The second obedience title is a CDX, or "Companion Dog Excellent", which is earned through competition in the Open obedience class.