Search

.com Forum · Borzoi

Replies in this thread : 10

Author Topic : Borzoi Updates
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/16/2015 12:41:33 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post   

Hey guys! I'd love to hear from everyone to see how they are doing in the breed and what you have going on.

I have my show lines going with my highest being 98.25 and one of those is my boy with the 9.8 in coat. I am happy to see there are some heads over 10 popping up, but all of my searching has not brought up any with coats over 10 so I decided to add in a coat project. So I have some source dogs that I am working on locking down their high coat trait, then I will begin outsourcing their breeding, to keep the COI down ... And to speed up the process! laugh :D

I look forward to hearing from everyone! About anything and everything Borzoi. happy :)
 Defies Gravity
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2015 10:11:22 PM reply with quote send message to Defies Gravity Object to Post

My highest SOP is 98.20.

I've been working on getting some colors back and have made some great progress there. I hope to actually finish something other than a black and tan with white irish markings or extreme white piebald...I think I may have one that will give me a good shot at it!

I'm not focusing on any specific trait though, just working on overall stats. The color project has been my main one.
 Sparrow Sighthounds
Basic User

Basic User
8/16/2015 10:19:13 PM reply with quote send message to Sparrow Sighthounds Object to Post

Working on overall stats in different colors, my favorite so far is def. the Sabled Red with Black Mask... my highest for that color would be Sparrows Picture it, Sicily "Sophia" at 98.15. My highest overall is like 98.25 so far
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/19/2015 4:47:03 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

What colors do you guys have?

I have:

Black
Black and Tan with White Irish Markings laugh :D
Black and Tan with Extreme White Piebald
Black and Brindle with White Irish Markings
Black with Extreme White Piebald
Black with White Irish Markings
Brindle with Extreme White Piebald
Brindle with White Irish Markings
Brindled Sable with White Irish Markings
Sabled Red with Black Mask
Sabled Red with Black Mask and Irish White Markings
Silver Sable with Black Mask and Piebald Markings
 Roaming Tazi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/22/2015 11:23:09 AM reply with quote send message to Roaming Tazi Kennels Object to Post

I am working mainly for blacks, black & whites & silvers. Anyone know how to get the black mask off the silvers?
 Defies Gravity
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2015 12:43:35 AM reply with quote send message to Defies Gravity Object to Post

My colors-

Black and Tan with White Irish Markings (of course!)
Black and Tan with Extreme White Piebald (of course)
Black and Tan
Black and Brindle with White Irish Markings
Red with Black Mask
Sabled Red with Black Mask
Sabled Red with Black Mask and Irish White Markings
Red Brindle
Brindled Sable with White Irish Markings

I haven't looked too much at the genetics behind the colors, so can't help with how to get rid of the black mask. I mainly color breed by putting two different ones together and seeing what I get!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/24/2015 1:55:35 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I cannot wrap my head around color genetics ... If Lilliput is still around, I would shoot her (?) a message. I cannot remember the other color genetics guru.
 Roaming Tazi Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2015 12:33:08 PM reply with quote send message to Roaming Tazi Kennels Object to Post

Yeah...same boat. I don't understand genetics like others can. I'm assuming I need a dog without the mask to carry over that gene, however we don't have any lol... ugh.
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/25/2015 12:41:26 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

It's only $1,045.57 to pick the color of Zoi you want. lol
 Yippee Yahoo Kennels
Basic User

Basic User
10/3/2015 7:05:24 PM reply with quote send message to Yippee Yahoo Kennels Object to Post

This is the closest you guys seem to have to a community thread, so I'll post here.

Congrats to Picardy and GCH Picardy Amur for winning Best in Show at Barktober Bash 2!
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
10/27/2015 12:34:47 PM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

I had to show off this beauty I just got! www.showdog.com/dog.aspx?id=14429623 She's the only one in her litter that had it, but here's to hoping she will throw that coat to her puppies!

Replies in this thread : 10

Did you know?
Judges are generally certified to judge one or several breeds, usually in the same group, but a few "all-breed" judges have the training and experience to judge large numbers of breeds.