Search

.com Forum · Bug Reporting and Suggestions

Replies in this thread : 8

Author Topic : Double show entries?
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

System.__ComObject
8/17/2015 6:33:49 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post   

When I was doing entries on a dog the page seemed to be having trouble loading so I closed out and reopened- when I went to the dogs show results to see if any of the entries had even processed it ended up entering me in every show twice.
I don't really want to pay $5/show to cancel the second entry- if I leave it alone with double entries will I still be charged 2 entry/cancellation fees?
Thanks
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2015 6:34:35 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

this post has been edited 1 time(s)

FIXED Thank youhappy :)

-----
Last edited by Dead Until Dark on 8/18/2015 1:08:33 PM
 Beach Dunes
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2015 7:22:57 PM reply with quote send message to Beach Dunes Object to Post

This happens to me sometimes. You don't have to pay a $5 cancellation fee UNLESS you have a handler on the dog. So for the shows that you have the dog handled with the owner on it, you can cancel it for no charge
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2015 7:29:11 PM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

You dont get charged twice for the same dog being entered twice, however if you have picked two different handlers I'd suggest clicking 'withdraw from all shows' (you dont get charged that way) then quickly re-enter the dog with the better handler.

Remember to re-enter your national though, oh and any obedience shows, as the entries in those will be withdrawn too.

Its also easy to double enter dogs using the 'schedule' button as it doesn't take dogs already entered in another show from the 'available to enter' list of dogs.
 Oakwood Creek
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2015 7:35:06 PM reply with quote send message to Oakwood Creek Object to Post

I've just looked at his entries - wow! what a mess, I'd suggest you withdraw from all shows and re-enter, failing that I wouldn't worry about any of the shows where you haven't assigned a handler, two entries will become one on show day, however you have him entered tomorrow in the same show twice with two different handlers, I'll be interested to know what happens if you don't withdraw and re-enter. I wonder if the higher ranked handler gets to show him?
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2015 10:49:01 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

I honestly have no idea whats going on with his handlers either... just noticed theyre all "A" names, which I didn't asign.

Didnt know the "withdraw from all" wouldnt charge, thank you!
 Dead Until Dark
Basic User

Basic User
8/17/2015 10:59:36 PM reply with quote send message to Dead Until Dark Object to Post

Okay- I think its fixed -- but now Im on mobile - so who really knows. Well see tomorrow when I get on my computer
 Treestand Kennel
Basic User

Basic User
8/18/2015 11:03:45 AM reply with quote send message to Treestand Kennel Object to Post

You can also change your assigned handlers, just go to My Entries on the left side of the screen (just above My Results) and for each dog entered, you will see the name, the breed, the handler, and then the options (Withdraw | Change Handler).

I looked at the entries, and I only see single entries. happy :)
 gaylanstudio
Premium Member

Premium Member
8/18/2015 1:59:10 PM reply with quote send message to gaylanstudio Object to Post

Yeah, I've double, and triple entered on occasion if the update/refresh is slow and I'm impatient.

When the show runs, double entries are removed. The first entry that went through is the keeper.

As for handlers, the first one selected will be the one used I believe.

The problem there may be that you have tied up an extra handler that someone else might want to use.

Glad to hear that you have sorted it out.

Replies in this thread : 8

Did you know?
In multi-breed and all-breed shows, the winners of all breeds within the kennel club's breed Groups then compete for Group placements.